Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2022 placing balloon in the drawing problem

28 REPLIES 28
Message 1 of 29
helena.cech
1307 Views, 28 Replies

Inventor 2022 placing balloon in the drawing problem

I used Model States in the some parts and assembly. I created the IPN file, insert ipn file in the drawing.

I have problem placing ballon on some of the parts.

Please help.

28 REPLIES 28
Message 21 of 29
BDCollett
in reply to: Marcin.Szklarek

@Marcin.Szklarek wrote:

I just inserted ipn into drawing and I cannot use autoballoon feature, it does not see the ipn.

Manually ballons can be attached. 

As this subject discusses, do you have active model states in the assembly. This will not allow balloons to work.

Message 22 of 29

Hi!

Not really. It was some kind of hiccup as reopening the file helped. With new 2022 I get a lot of these, 2018 was smooth. Apart from model states I can't tell there much improvement.

Message 23 of 29
BDCollett

@Marcin.Szklarek wrote:

Hi!

Not really. It was some kind of hiccup as reopening the file helped. With new 2022 I get a lot of these, 2018 was smooth. Apart from model states I can't tell there much improvement.

Model states is a huge update it's just unfortunate that it introduces so many bugs.

Depending on what you work with, there have been quite a lot of changes from 2018 to 2022 that I find useful.

Message 24 of 29
Marcin.Szklarek
in reply to: BDCollett

Can you name a few?

I see only model states as the main one.

I have not discovered much more. For example changing camera on IPN is still not updated on the drawing.

Message 25 of 29
BDCollett

@Marcin.Szklarek wrote:

Can you name a few?

I see only model states as the main one.

I have not discovered much more. For example changing camera on IPN is still not updated on the drawing.

No changes are as huge as that one, but there are numerous smaller ones.

Solid Sweep and Unwrap in 2020.

Numerous improvements to frame generator, Dark Theme and Sheet metal improvements in 2021

The presentation view is set when you place it, I don't think it is intended to update, hence the option is always greyed out to even change view. The snapshot will capture the movement of parts but the view it set when you first apply it. Was there mention this was supposed to change?

Message 26 of 29

There is a thread where they mentioned they would be working on it. 

Thanks for those hints. I will have a look. I do not like dark them but sheet metal I will check.

Message 27 of 29
BDCollett

@Marcin.Szklarek wrote:

There is a thread where they mentioned they would be working on it. 

Thanks for those hints. I will have a look. I do not like dark them but sheet metal I will check.

They made a change that the presentation view matches, it did not used to. 

I use dark theme on everything, it feels a lot friendlier on my eyes.

Message 28 of 29
jesscadd
in reply to: helena.cech

So, has there been any definite status that this is being corrected?

Anyone have a workaround yet? 

It has been almost 4 months since this issue was first reported.

Message 29 of 29
johnsonshiue
in reply to: helena.cech

Hi! The issue has been resolved on our internal build targeting 2022.2 update (early Nov). If you have access to Inventor Feedback Community, there is a testable build for you to try. Sorry for the trouble and the wait!

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report