Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2017 Professional Startup Crash

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
465 Views, 6 Replies

Inventor 2017 Professional Startup Crash

Hello,

I recently installed Autodesk Inventor 2017 Professional in order to follow a university course. I've installed it, at it ran perfectly the first time and I got into the main menu in the application. However, now I cannot open the application. When I open the application the first loading window only runs half the way, and then closes down - nothing happens. I'm a bit in limbo and do not know what to do...

Anyone got a smart idea?

Bonus info:

Windows 10 Home

Acer Swift 5

Integrated Intel Graphics

8Gb RAM

Regards

Vincent

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community..

First of all Inventor doesn't really like integrated Intel cards.  Not saying they won't work but they are not designed for CAD applications.

When the application did start after installation did you see a Lets Getting Started dialog where you enter your serial # and product key?

What do you see under C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\CLM\LGS folder?  C:\Programdata is a hidden folder.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

In C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\CLM\LGS  I have 3 folders named SERIAL_2017 where there seems to be 3 different serials?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

In C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\CLM\LGS  I have 3 folders named SERIAL_2017 where there seems to be 3 different serials?

Message 5 of 7
Mark.Lancaster

Do you see this folder 797I1_2017.0.0.F in there?  If so, do you see a file in that folder called LGS.DATA?  If so open it up with notepad, what does it state?

_USER

_STANDALONE

_NETWORK

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Yes I have that folder, LGS.data states _STANDALONE

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Yes I have that folder, LGS.data states _STANDALONE

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report