Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2011 keeps crashing

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
297 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor 2011 keeps crashing

I have Inventor 2011 LT and it's crashed since I've owned it (1 yr).  It only crashes when I have an idp & idw open at the same time.  When going between the two it will lock up & crash.  Any ideas on how to fix?

I have a Dell xps w 6 gigs of RAM, 64 bit system, Intel (R) HD graphics to give you an idea of what I'm working off ot.  Nothing else on the computer as I only use it when I use Inventor...

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

You followed all the prerequisites for the installation:

Your machine and O/S meets the minimum requirements for Inventor LT version 2011

1.) Current with all Windows SP's and Hot-Fixes

2.) You are on a current Windows Certified graphics card driver (not the first version shipped with your machine)

3.) Logged in with Administrator privileges

4.) You disabled all Anti-Virus software

5.) Disabled the UAC (slider to lowest level)

6.) You have installed all Inventor LT SP's and Hotfixes

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

forgive me but much of what you asked is completely greek to me.  Questions to follow...

1.  what's a windows SP & hotfix & how do I obtain them?

2.  what's a windows certified graphics card driver & how can I check/get it?

3.  Yes

4.  Yes

5.  What's a UAC?

6.  what are Inventor 2011 SP & hotfixes & how do I obtain them?

Message 4 of 6
blair

Run Windows Update: Start>Control Panel>Windows Update>Check for Updates

UAC: Start>Control Panel>User Accounts>User Account Control Settings

Inventor LT hot-fixes and SP's, check the top header of this screen you will see the "Support", select it, then Support and Documentation, then select Autodesk Inventor, Knowledge Base, then Data and Downloads, Updates and Service Packs.

or here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=14002999

You will need to get your make and model of graphics card. You should be able to then find the correct drives package/download from the graphics card manufactures website.

Most likely if you don't know how to do or find these things on your system, you didn't properly disable the Anti-Virus on your system before you installed Inventor LT either. These are fairly basic and rudemenatry computer skills and knowledge.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

"Most likely if you don't know how to do or find these things on your system, you didn't properly disable the Anti-Virus on your system before you installed Inventor LT either. These are fairly basic and rudemenatry computer skills and knowledge."

lol...  You're correct, I probably didn't disable anti virus.  If this is an essential aspect of the install it should be mentioned somewhere in product packaging don't you think?  My software came with NOTHING, nada, zilch, bupkis.  No paperwork whatsoever and nothing in the install prompts mention the anti virus issue.  Furthermore, however "fairly basic and rudementary" these skills may be to you is relative.  The instructions you've provided were helpful and solved the problem and for that I thank you.  

Message 6 of 6
blair

Sorry if it sounded heavy handed, but a great deal of users problems are self inflicted. There should be a "Readme" file in the install directory of your Autodesk media about Hot-fixes and the UAC.

When installing any software, it's always advisable to be logged in with Administrative privedges to allow the Windows Registry to be corrected updated.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report