Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of Update 6 for Inventor 2014 Service Pack 2 is hangs

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
578 Views, 4 Replies

Installation of Update 6 for Inventor 2014 Service Pack 2 is hangs

hi,

i need to install Update 6 for Inventor 2014 Service Pack 2 (SP2 allready installed)

but the instalation is hangs for a lot of time and  wont end.

OS is windows 7 pro 64bit, the user is administrator on the local computer.

please help, What can I do to fix this situation ?

10x

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

Amir

Welcome to the forum..

I know some windows updates can cause some slowness when updating Inventor but I don't think that's the case for "Update #6".  I would make sure you're installing with Admin rights, UAC is turned off and the anti-virus is temporary disabled.   Also run the update local, not across a network.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

all ture..

user has admin rights.

UAC is turned off.

anti-virus (ESET) is temporary disabled.

update packege is running from local drive (system drive C:).

still the same ...

also tried to install via other user (with domain admin rights) on same computer

still the same unexpected behavior, and install wont finish. its hangs at the copying new files level of the instalation.

then the only option to close the hanging installation is via task manager by kill process.

Any help will be appreciated.

thanks

Message 4 of 5
Mark.Lancaster

Were any of the other updates (1 thru 5) applied to Service Pack 2?   If so can you uninstall each of them and turn it back to Service Pack 2.  Then try applying Update 6 again.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

well..

the problem was "samsung kies" program installed and runing on this computer.

i killed the process of "samsung kies" while the update 6 install hanging and then the instal continue and finish sucssesfuly.

i would sugest you all to uninstall and prevent users from installing this kind of **** by samsung.

this is not the first time i hear about problems solved after remove "samsung kies".

10x

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report