Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idw updating

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1381 Views, 6 Replies

idw updating

After doing a search fpr this problem it seems this has been happening throughout all of the releases of Inventor. I have also searched through the hotfixes. My idw does not update when i change the ipt. In the model tree it shoes that an update is required, however the update button is grayed out. I have tired closing and reopening, and I have tired shutting down Inventor and restarting. Does anyone know if there is something I as missing or if there is a fix coming for this issue on Iventor 2009 SP1.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

In IDW Open -Options, do you have "Defer
Updates checked? 

--
Dennis Jeffrey, Autodesk Inventor Certified
Expert
Autodesk Manufacturing Implementation Certified
Expert.
Instructor/Author/Sr. App Engr.
AIP 2008 SP2, AIP 2009-SP1
PcCillin AV
HP zv5000  AMD64 2GB - Geforce Go 440, Driver: .8185
XP
Pro SP3, Windows XP Silver Theme

size=2>http://teknigroup.com
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

No Defer Updates is not checked. Today is the first day since last week that I have opened this idw. due to the fact that i have been out of work sick. The idw. still has not updated. Last week a made a few small modifications and due to the fact that the idw does update I believe that I will have to restart the entire drawing.
Message 4 of 7
SBix26

I haven't run into this situation, but perhaps re-linking the files could work-- change the name of the .ipt file, open the .idw which, I hope, will ask where the .ipt is, link to the renamed file and see if that does the job. Then close it, change the .ipt back to the original name and re-link again. Does that do anything?

If possible, post the files here (zipped), maybe someone else can get them reconnected. Edited by: sbixler on Jan 28, 2009 7:18 AM
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

I had high hopes for this idea, but it did not work on my idw. I have actually already started a new idw. My guess is that the changes I made were too significant for the origional idw to update. I have had some coworkers make changes on ipt and their idw's change instantly. They have not attempted any major changes, just added a hole or fillet, but it did update. It seems to be the one drawing that won't update. I appreciate the idea however.
Message 6 of 7
Shiva_Sundaram

Hi,

I guess I would like to take a shot at it. Is this a view of a part or view of an assembly?

If its a part
(a) Perhaps view had tangent edges oFF, and when a fillet is added, its not reflecting in the view?
(b) Perhaps the modifications only contributed to hidden lines and your view was HL removed?

Is this a view of an assembly where the view is *not* associative?

Eitherway you should see some sort of update or notification.

Can you post some screenshots OR send me the dataset?

Please include version information, hardware/graphics info to "sundarsATautodeskDOTcom"

Thanks
-Shiva Sundaram
Inventor Development
Message 7 of 7

I had trouble getting an IDW to update but noticed i had a LOD for that view. 

So switched between LOD and master LOD saving each.

and that seemed to update the view.

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report