Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDW symbols printing problem

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
590 Views, 7 Replies

IDW symbols printing problem

Hello,

We are using Inventor 2012 professional, 2 seats. When we create a .dwg or .dwf file and dimension our parts the Diameter and Angle symbols print as the letter 'P".

The symbols show on the screen correctly, but do not print?

Has anyone else seen this, or know of a fix?

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

You need to find the AIGDT font and get it back into the c:/windows/fonts folder. Seems there is some installation bug that deletes that file or something.

Font can be found here

http://www.design-excellence.com/ftp/publicdownloads.asp?offset=-1

might need to restart Inventor after you put the font there.. (maybe not though)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 8
blair
in reply to: mcgyvr

This seems to crop up when you install a new version of Inventor, then delete the older version.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

We tried this and now we get the letter "Q", little closer but not quite what we need.

Message 5 of 8
CadUser46

Been through this before.  Turned out the printer drivers needed updated/reinstalled.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2010 Certified Professional
Currently using 2023 Pro
Message 6 of 8
mcgyvr
in reply to: CadUser46

holy crap.. I totally missed the whole part about it being fine on the screen but just not printing correctly..

This is 100% printer settings/driver issues.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Thank you for your response, we will look at the driver and settings. We are on a network printer would it be the printer on the network or the settings on our workstations?

Message 8 of 8
CadUser46

I didnt do the actual work but i think it involved re-installing the network printer drivers after IT had updated them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2010 Certified Professional
Currently using 2023 Pro

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report