Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Link text from one sheet to a field in another sheet

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
274 Views, 1 Reply

How to Link text from one sheet to a field in another sheet

I am using Inventor 2010 (I know this is my first problem, but you have to use what you're given!) and I need to use the sheet number in a calculation that will display the result in a text box.  =((<SHEET NUMBER>-1)8)=1  displays a result of ((11-1)8)+1. I suspect that the sheet number is being brought in as text instead of a number. I tried adding atoi to the equation to convert the sheet number to an integer, but it did not work.Is there an alternate source for the sheet number that will return a number? Is my syntax wrong?

Thank you in advance for your kind assistance!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I am using Inventor 2010 (I know this is my first problem, but you have to use what you're given!) and I need to use the sheet number in a calculation that will display the result in a text box.  =((<SHEET NUMBER>-1)8)=1  displays a result of ((11-1)8)+1. I suspect that the sheet number is being brought in as text instead of a number. I tried adding atoi to the equation to convert the sheet number to an integer, but it did not work.Is there an alternate source for the sheet number that will return a number? Is my syntax wrong?

Thank you in advance for your kind assistance!

Welcome!

Your syntax looks right... I just don't know that you can create equations in Inventor's text tool.  May I ask what you are trying to get from this?  The resulting text does show the sheet number.... it just doesn't do anything with it in terms of the equation.  A search on the Wiki Help shows no results for equations in Inventor text.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report