Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit Opacity in an Inventor 2017 Presentation

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
JBerns
2341 Views, 6 Replies

How to edit Opacity in an Inventor 2017 Presentation

After applying an Opacity action to a component in an Inventor 2017 Presentation, I found I could not edit the opacity level.

How do you edit the opacity level? I could only find time editing and delete options when I double-click or right-click the action.

I look forward to the responses.

Regards,

Jerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAD Administrator
Using Inventor 2022
Autodesk Certified Instructor
Autodesk Inventor 2020 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2017 Certified Professional
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: JBerns

tools..application options..display tab

adjust the percentage on the 'inactive component appearance" section % opaque setting..

oh.. I might have spaced out on that.. I assumed you meant the new "transparent" option in assemblies..

I don't use presentation files.. sorry about that..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 7
mflayler2
in reply to: JBerns

It's not super intuitive, but yo have to select the component and then click on the Opacity command again.  There really isn't an Edit Opacity option.  You could also select it on screen if it is during a time when it is still able to be seen at a opacity greater than 0.  Finding it in the tree and toggling Visibility can also bring it back.

2016-03-31_16-00-26.png

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: mflayler2

Mark,

That adds another opacity action to the selected component. It does not edit the existing opacity action.

So you have to delete the action and add it back? Oh my!

Regards,

Jerry

Message 5 of 7
mflayler2
in reply to: Anonymous

Actually, that sounds right, I saw that complaint in the beta forums...

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 6 of 7
mflayler2

Actually, I am able to change it as the way I mentioned as long as I am on the opacity setting with my playback line.  Again...not intuitive but its there.

Message 7 of 7
JBerns

Mark,

Agreed, that is not intuitive. This is similar to picking a sketch in the model browser and then picking the 2D Sketch button on the ribbon. You can edit an existing sketch this way, but it is not intuitive.

I was able to edit an opacity, but only if it was an Instant type. I had to change a Duration type back to Instant, edit the value, and then reset the duration time. Were you successful at editing an Opacity with a duration?

I also noticed that you must drag the playhead over the opacity action and stop when the dashed line appears over the center of the action. Otherwise a second opacity action is added.

I posted in the Beta forum too and an Autodesk represetative reported that opacity editing will be improved in a future release.

Thanks for discovering this solution, Mark. I appreciate your time.

Regards,

Jerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAD Administrator
Using Inventor 2022
Autodesk Certified Instructor
Autodesk Inventor 2020 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2017 Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report