Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a corner like this to make a server rack top cover?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mech.eng.ahmedmansour
208 Views, 4 Replies

How to create a corner like this to make a server rack top cover?

Hello, I got a 3D CAD file of a cover of a server rack but I cannot make it. What confuses me is the corners and the methodolgy of creating the flanges. My part is attached with the other CAD file. Can anybody please teach me how to create such a part? 

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi! Is this a plastic part or a sheet metal part? It looks like a plastic part to me. I don't think it was a sheet metal part. In this case, you just need to use the regular 3D Modeling commands to create the basic shape. Shell it and add the cutouts. Lastly round of the sharp edges.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 5

Here is a quick thrown together version. See if this helps

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 4 of 5

Thank you so much sir! I followed the same steps but when I try to create a flat pattern, I do not get it correctly as in the attached file...Could you tell me how to overcome this issue?

Thank you!

Message 5 of 5

I got sir! The issue was the face! I did not select the edge, automatically the sketch was selected and I clicked enter. I had to select the edge too as the attached file! Thank you so much! The offeset and the edge selection played the trick and let us produce this part using sheet metal!

I appreciate your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report