Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make sections of the same surface different colors?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
barrettspartyrentals
138 Views, 3 Replies

How do I make sections of the same surface different colors?

I would like to make the different sections of the sketch different colors, so that it looks like the orange and white striped NASA parachutes. I would also like to import a jpg/png of a logo to put in the middle circle. Problem is, I have not found a way to do that, if any of you guys know how to do this it would be greatly appreciated if you post it in the comments 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Split Face. Similar issue when you try to simulate forces applied onto sections of a face, you should also split then.

Attaching a mockup of what you showed in your picture (Inventor 2022):

Galaxybane_0-1650932181839.png

Message 3 of 4

Hi! Use Split command -> select the sketch lines and select the faces to split. After that, assign a different appearance to each split face.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 4

Alternative option is to revolve and thicken one segment, then pattern it with new solids. This might be more accurate to fabrication techniques as each panel would be sewn together?

image.png

image.png

Use iLogic Copy? Please consider voting for this long overdue idea (not mine):https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/string-replace-for-ilogic-design-copy/idi-p/3821399

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report