Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holes in frames - loses link/adaptivity to skeleton sketch

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
MatsNorway1
182 Views, 5 Replies

Holes in frames - loses link/adaptivity to skeleton sketch

I have tried to make a skeleton sketch and is using it for frame generated parts. But if i edit the frame generated parts by adding holes.. it stops following the skeleton. Is there a way around this? I would prefer to not model the frame parts needing holes etc.

MatsNorway1_0-1675335684172.png

‌:nauseated_face: ‌:face_with_medical_mask: Fusion 360
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi @MatsNorway1 

If possible, attach project files and describe exactly the steps you took and the problems you encountered.

Kacper Suchomski
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

YouTube - Inventor tutorials | WWW | LinkedIn | Instagram

Message 3 of 6
MatsNorway1
in reply to: MatsNorway1

I was adding the features directly to the part.

bilde.png

 Today i tried to add the features to the assembly. It is now adaptive again. But this is not ideal when you wish to isolate the features added to the frame part in a IDW. Also. No pattern possible in assemblies when a feature is added apparently.

MatsNorway1_2-1675516032572.png

Message 4 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi! The frame member part itself needs to be adaptive.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 6
MatsNorway1

How do i keep it adaptive after adding holes as features on the frame generator part?

Message 6 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi! Each adaptive part can only remain adaptive within one assembly, not multiple assemblies. It sounds that the part was probably adaptive in another assembly. Now, it is repurposed in a different assembly. You may open the part file in its own window -> Tools -> Doc Settings -> Modeling -> uncheck "Adaptively used in assembly." After that, the part should be adaptable. However, it won't be adaptive in the other assembly. You may need to keep another copy of the part file so that the adaptivity can persist on both assemblies.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report