Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fillet problem

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Chris1969
383 Views, 5 Replies

Fillet problem

Hi there,

When I try to fillet an edge at a small track, everything looks fine when choosing the edge, as shown.

But when I apply the fillet, it goes all the way down into the track, crating a small but annoying corner that cannot be machined.

Do I really have to extrude my self out of this sitation, or is there a better way.

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: Chris1969

At the moment I don't recall ever seeing an Inventor fillet feature end in the way you want. You will have to Extrude, Sweep or change your order of features as far as I know.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

First off, don't trust the preview 🙂

Second, and I think Inventor is wrong here, but did it extend that sharp corner deeper into your half-hole ? Looking at the right-hand picture, it sure did.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

It looks to me like the half circle doesn't meet the side at a tangent, or that there is some other little problem there. Can you attach the part?
The fillet should have been built like the preview. Not sure what has happened.
Message 5 of 6
JDMather

>The fillet should have been built like the preview. Not sure what has happened.

I don't think that is possible in Inventor - can you create a new file that would create the fillet as previewed?

Update -

I was able to create the fillet in SolidWorks and in Pro/E Wildfire.

Edited by: JDMather on Oct 12, 2009 9:42 AM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 6
robert_bolter

Hi Chris,

I'm afraid there is currently no way to control the 'endcap' solution. We have to guess at which solution you might want and of course it's impossible to always get this right.

To solve this problem we are looking at ways to offer a choice of alternative solutions but for now you have to find a workaround. For this case in particular I'll see if we can improve the default behavior.

Thanks,
Rob.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report