Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Facing this issue only on Inventor 2021 to Inventor 2023 migrated assembly files) Partially constrained parts not moving in assembly

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Aadithya01
198 Views, 2 Replies

(Facing this issue only on Inventor 2021 to Inventor 2023 migrated assembly files) Partially constrained parts not moving in assembly

Hi Guys,

Correct me if I'm wrong. But there seems to be a Bug in Assembly mates in Inventor 2023 , where Partially constrained parts are acting grounded.. This did not prevail in the previous versions (Inventor 2021). 

I have made a screen-recording of the issue in the below link. 

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Asb1h1DUjWFdxHdi0DBiC0XvHAAi?e=xanG5W

Only For reporting this bug I have installed both Inventor 2021 and Inventor 2023 in the same system.

As shown in the video. 

1. First, I am opening an assembly originally created in Inventor Pro 2021

2. When placing a part in Inventor Pro 2021 in the assembly with a planar mate, the part moves in its allowed Degree of Freedom(DOF) as shown in the video.

3. Now Let me open the same assembly in Inventor Pro 2023.

4. The same assembly when migrated to Inventor Pro 2023 and when parts are added to the same assembly , Eventhough the newly constrained part has some DOF, Still the part behaves grounded.

5. Kindly rectify this bug which are occuring only on the migrated assembly files . @johnsonshiue FYKI.

Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: Aadithya01

@Aadithya01  I think its a known issue.. I noticed @johnsonshiue posted this in another similar problem thread..

Please install 2023.0.1 update (available now) or wait for 2023.1 update (coming very soon).

Well.. Looks like 2023.0.1 addresses this issue.. but there may be multiples hence why he is also stating the 2023.1 update..

2023.0.1 - Resolved an issue where dragging components in an assembly doesn't work after creating a component pattern. INVGEN-61009

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Aadithya01

Hi Folks,

2023.0.1 should fix the lock-up issue. The reason why I mentioned 2023.1 is that it also contains the same fix. Instead of installing 2023.0.1, you can simply install 2023.1 update which contains all the fixes plus the new enhancements.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report