Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erratic Line Behaviour Within Sketch Block

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
gareth.butlerS9R7M
124 Views, 2 Replies

Erratic Line Behaviour Within Sketch Block

Hi All,

I seem to have an issue where editing sketch blocks within a part file causes erratic line behaviour.

As can be seen from the attached .gif file, there is a top level block for the four hooks. Within this are four sub-blocks, one for each style of hook.

Also in the .gif file, it can be seen that the 2nd and 4th lines placed with the intention of being horizontal when clicked to place, suddenly snap to vertical.

The 1st and 3rd lines placed horizontally in this case do not exhibit the behaviour, although there have been times when the situation is reversed depending on the sketch / block.

If a line is drawn at an angle, it behaves normally.

Could this be some sort of UCS alignment issue?

Any suggestions or thoughts welcome!

Many thanks 😀

Gareth

Labels (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi! Gareth,

I suspect the block was probably defined on a sketch plane perpendicular to the current sketch. Did you try editing the sketch block definition by itself in the sketch block folder?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 3

@johnsonshiue I have tried editing the block directly from the blocks folder and the lines behave correctly so this is indeed one way around the issue.

Also likely, because of the original orientation some of the blocks were created in, the line offset command behaves oddly too.

Again, editing the block directly from the blocks folder overcomes this.

It would however be nice if there was an option to horizontally or vertically re-align a given sketch edge / line in a block to that of the top level part sketch.

Many thanks for all your help, it is greatly appreciated! 😀

Tags (3)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report