Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic simulation issue 3D contact force

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
sriveraariza
540 Views, 8 Replies

Dynamic simulation issue 3D contact force

Hello everybody, I hope all of you be doing well.

I have tried to run a Dynamic simulation where the "sliding components" should get two 3d contacts against the "fixed eye ring" as shown on picture. I would like to apply a Sine 69KN force with 35Hz going forward & backward as shown on the orange arrow on the picture. Afterwards, I would like to export FEA of the hook (black component) to see the stress analysis. I really appreciate if anyone can help me, thanks.   

Note: Please see below attached the assembly file. Thanks again.

3d contact.jpg

https://a360.co/2XFakF4 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
JDMather
in reply to: sriveraariza

I do not own a rar extractor - I only own Windows OS for zipping/extracting compressed files.

Can you use Windows to zip the assembly and then Attach it directly here?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 9
sriveraariza
in reply to: JDMather

Hello Mr. JD

Yes, for sure, please see attached the link for the assembly file compressed in ZIP. Thanks.

https://a360.co/3y6jIyh 

Message 4 of 9
JDMather

Which component do you want to analyze (Motion Analysis does not support Contact Joints - so another technique will be required replace with a direct Force).

I see it, "I would like to export FEA of the hook (black component) to see the stress analysis."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 9
j.palmeL29YX

@JDMather wrote:

I do not own a rar extractor

OffTopic

Hi Jeffrey, 

one of my basic tools for working with the computer since decades is the Total Commander, the successor of the old Norton Commander. It also can read/open/unpack .rar compressed files. More detailed information you can find at www.ghisler.com

Maybe this can help you to fill the gap ... 

Regards

Jürgen

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 9
sriveraariza

Hi Mr. JD,

Thanks for letting me know. by placing a direct force it allowed me to Export FEA and I did the stress analysis.

Thanks again.

Can I ask you how can I do a Fatigue stress using a Nastran Autodesk but using a Sine 69KN force at 35Hz at 2million cycles?

Thank you so much.

Message 7 of 9
swalton

You might find this page helpful.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-nastran/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 8 of 9
sriveraariza
in reply to: swalton

Hi Swalton,

I do really appreciate the link you sent me to understand more about the "fatigue stress" and the different methods to do it. I found it very useful to finish my job in regards with the "Fatigue stress". Thank you so much.

Message 9 of 9
sriveraariza
in reply to: swalton

Hi Mr Swalton and Mr JD.

I hope all of you be doing well. One more time, thanks for all your help and time. Here is my new question. 

We are wanting to run a Fatigue simulation with Nastran Module however our requirement is to apply 4 separate loads consecutively rather than concurrently per the picture attached?

We need to simulate Hf1 to the maximum load then release followed by Vf2 to the maximum load then release followed Hf3 to the maximum load then release followed by Vf4 to the maximum load then release. This is a single cycle. We need to replicate this cycle 2,000,000 to simulate the physical test.

I really appreciate your help, thanks so much.

Sergio.

Pintle Hook.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report