Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driven contrains - graphic stuttering

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
188 Views, 1 Reply

Driven contrains - graphic stuttering

Hi,

I have a problem with my driven constrains in an assembly, the graphic is stuttering a lot and it seems that there is some kind of delay between the movements, so that the movement is not running smoothly as it should. The assembly is not wery ladge, under 500 parts, and my CPU is only running at 27 %. Also machine is only using 2,5 GB ram out of 8 GB in total.

So to me it dosen't seem like my computer is overloaded in any way. Does anyone know what to do about this graphic stuttering ?

Im running Inventor 2012

My machine :

windows 7

64 bit

8 GB cuadcore AMD A6  2,2 GHz

1GB radeon dualcore grahic card

450 GB free space on the harddisk

Thanx for any help

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
sam_m
in reply to: Anonymous

27% cpu on a quad core means one core is maxed out.  Inventor only uses 1 core (outside of rendering, fea and idw) so you're at the limit of your cpu.  Tbh, 2.2GHz isn't that great for Inventor, so probably is the problem.

Make sure your model is as cpu-friendly as possible - simple & constrained sketches, no adaptive or flexible parts, use LOD for big assemblies, etc.

also make sure system is all up to date - Windows up to date and latest drivers for EVERYTHING (not just gpu but  motherboard, sound-card, mouse, everything).

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report