Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawings not matching between Inventor and Inventor RO (2023)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tchristman
145 Views, 3 Replies

Drawings not matching between Inventor and Inventor RO (2023)

We found something interesting today. Drawings that are viewed in Inventor vs Inventor Read Only Mode have differences. The differences found are with models that use Model States. We have parts that have different threaded ends and we use model states for these. The issues is that if you open the IDW in Inventor everything is fine but if you use Inventor Read Only the thread is incorrect and matches what is on the Primary Model State, not the individual Model States. I have attached a screen shot of an example. It's the same drawing opened in Inventor and Inventor RO Mode. It is correct when using Inventor View.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: tchristman

Hi! The behavior looks wrong to me. If possible, please share the files in zip here or send it to me directly johnson.shiue@autodesk.com. I would like to understand the behavior better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 4
tchristman

@johnsonshiue I sent an email with the .ipt and the a couple of IDW's that use the ipt with the various model states.

Message 4 of 4
johnsonshiue

Hi! Tim did send me the files. At the moment, I am not able to reproduce the behavior yet. Tim mentioned that the files were stored in the Vault folder. It is possible the Inventor RO opens the same named files from a different folder.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report