Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compression spring ipart

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
200 Views, 6 Replies

compression spring ipart

Does anyone know where I can find a compression spring ipart? It would be good if it referenced spec, lee or one of the other major spring manufactures.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Here is an i-part that I created for Century springs. You select the OD and then plug in the values from the Century catalog. Use the pre-load length instead of free length to show the spring as it will actually be used. I only used the OD's that had the most selections in the Century catalog.

Paul Evans
Project Engineer
Cox Automation Systems
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Paul Thanks, looking on the internet I couldnt find anything of use. "pevans" wrote in message news:17485209.1080933918078.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Here is an i-part that I created for Century springs. You select the OD and then plug in the values from the Century catalog. Use the pre-load length instead of free length to show the spring as it will actually be used. I only used the OD's that had the most selections in the Century catalog. > > Paul Evans > Project Engineer > Cox Automation Systems
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Paul, May I post this on my web site? pevans wrote: >Here is an i-part that I created for Century springs. You select the OD and then plug in the values from the Century catalog. Use the pre-load length instead of free length to show the spring as it will actually be used. I only used the OD's that had the most selections in the Century catalog. > >Paul Evans >Project Engineer >Cox Automation Systems >
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Paul or Charles I have generated a new file. I am trying to make it work with Spec associated spring data. I have a problem with the part number, when inserted into an assembly the BOM displays the drawing file, not the number of the selected spring. Could you help me with this? Thanks Thaddeus "cbliss" wrote in message news:40716ea8$1_3@newsprd01... > Paul, May I post this on my web site? > > pevans wrote: > > >Here is an i-part that I created for Century springs. You select the OD and then plug in the values from the Century catalog. Use the pre-load length instead of free length to show the spring as it will actually be used. I only used the OD's that had the most selections in the Century catalog. > > > >Paul Evans > >Project Engineer > >Cox Automation Systems > >
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Feel free to post this for anyone to use
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Make sure the part no. field in the properties dialog box is blank before inserting the file into your assembly and it should accept the name you assign when you place the i-part

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report