Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C++ Runtime Error on Exit of Inventor

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
karthur1
751 Views, 5 Replies

C++ Runtime Error on Exit of Inventor

I just installed Inventor 2009 Simulation on my new computer. The OS is Windows Vista (32 bit). Installation went well. Now when I exit Inventor, I get a message saying "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library, Runtime Error! Program C:\....Inventor 2009\Bin\Inventor.exe"

It saves the changes that I have made to the application options and it also saves the last file in the recently opened list (under File menu).

Really annoying to have to click this to end the program.

Any ideas on how to get this corrected?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: karthur1

Hi,

did you uninstall any components after you install
Inventor?

please try to reinstall VCRedist, you can find it under the
DVD1, support\VCRedist. if it doesn't work for you, please reinstall/repaire
Inventor

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I was having this problem on an assembly, I had to go through each part one at a time until i found the one that when closed out of inventor it went to the same error you are getting. Fixed some adaptivity issues and all is well.

it would do this after closing the part when i closed inventor and if i closed inventor with the part open
Message 4 of 6
na.miao

can you attached this part? or send it to me? (Na.Miao AT autodesk.com)

Thank you
--Maggic Miao (Autodesk)
Na Miao(Autodesk)
Inventor Publisher QA
Message 5 of 6
karthur1
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

i dont have the sick part anymore. I had some surfaces that were adaptive and the surfaces they were copy object from got deleted. the part acted fine and did not show any outward signs of failure.

but if I had that part open by itself and closed inventor either with the part open or after closing just that part inventor would run its normal routine and then at the last minute error out with the c++ error.

might try the hotfix just in case

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report