Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug - Inventor Studio - Inventor 2018.2.3

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Mark.Lancaster
329 Views, 3 Replies

Bug - Inventor Studio - Inventor 2018.2.3

So based on this posting https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/inventor-studio/td-p/7850165 I created a positional rep of the human hands based on constraints.  In one studio (pos rep) animation I got the left hand to move in the positional rep animation.  Good so far...  Well that's what I thought.  Smiley Frustrated

Now I created another positional rep animation in studio to move both the left and right hand at the same time.  I can change the positional rep in the model with no problem   However when I go to animate that positional rep in studio it tells me it can't use that positional rep and to select another one.  So I went back to my model to see if I made a mistake and the positional rep I was using is no longer in my model.   I went to add it again and it tells me the name already exist.   I created a new one thinking I made a mistake.  Repeat the process in Inventor studio and get the same message.  Then I thought perhaps I'm unable to animate two sub-assembly positional reps at the same time.  Decided to go back to the model and make them separate.  But guess what, the new positional rep I just created in the model is also not listed in the model by you can't use the name again because it thinks its still there.

@johnsonshiue and @Xun.Zhang what's going on?

Forgot my screen shots

Here's the assembly with the positional reps

2018-03-14_11-44-11.jpg

Here's the message:

2018-03-14_11-45-53.jpg 

Here's the browser after I get back out of studio..  You can now see the positional reps of HOLDMATL is missing.

2018-03-14_11-46-13.jpg

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Xun.Zhang
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hi Mark,

From your description, it is a critical pos rep data loss defect since it was invisible in browser tree but it was "there".
Would you mind share me your simplified dataset (xun.zhang@autodesk.com) to me to check what's wrong in it.

Or would you mind follow below VBA to delete the exited "HOLDMATL" and recreate it again?

'This assumes an assembly document is open.

Sub Deletespecifyrepresentation()

Dim oDoc As Inventor.Document
    Set oDoc = ThisApplication.ActiveDocument

Dim oCD As ComponentDefinition
    Set oCD = oDoc.ComponentDefinition

Dim oPR As PositionalRepresentation
    Set oPR = oCD.RepresentationsManager.PositionalRepresentations("HOLDMATL")
        oPR.Delete

End Sub

Xun
Message 3 of 4
Xun.Zhang

Hi Mark,

The problem was identified finally and tracked by ticket INVGEN-14041.

Thanks!

Xun
Message 4 of 4
LishuangLu

Hi Mark, 

As a workaround, you can first activate the Pos Rep in the top assembly, then switch to Studio and create the animation from Master to MATL_HOLD. 

I tried in my side, it works with this activated Pos Rep in advance. Let me know whether it works for you. 

Thanks, 

-Lisa

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report