Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to split Frame?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mjc_design
818 Views, 2 Replies

Best way to split Frame?

Hi, i'm using frame generator in IV2015. Having built up quite a large frame, I now need to split in half for transportation purposes. What's the best way to do this with regards to how frame generator works? I tried demoting frame generator components, but this creates a sub assembly within my frame.

But I've done modifications such as holes at the assembly level, which won't appear when I come to detail?

I thought about copying the frame and deleting bits not required in each frame, but this didn't work how I thought it would (basically lost all frame generator functionality in the new "frame")

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: mjc_design

@mjc_design

One quick way of thought of ...   Using Inventor iLogic Design Copy and create another frame assembly and then on each frame, delete (using frame generator tools) the unwanted members and then make another assembly and assemble both frames together (see splitting up large/complex frames in this article).

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 3
mjc_design
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Thanks, I was thinking of using vault copy design. Can I achieve the same thing this way?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report