Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk viewer not showing drawings

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
zach.crouse
469 Views, 5 Replies

Autodesk viewer not showing drawings

I am trying to use the share views function in inventor/vault to send drawings and models to a subcon. I upload the folder containing all the files to the viewer and none of the .idw's are showing up, only the model view which is not helpful. How can I get the idw's too? 

I have uploaded individual idw's and those display fine but I need to upload multiple idws and have them associated with the correct model. 

Here is a link to my shared view.

https://autode.sk/2LLfEBj

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
johnsonshiue
in reply to: zach.crouse

Hi! I am sorry I don't understand the issue. Shared View supports idw also. What Inventor release are you on? When you create a new shared view when an idw file is opened, did you get any error message?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 6
zach.crouse
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I am on 2020.1.1. 

I am able to get individual idw's to upload

I need to be able to upload an assembly, all the associated parts and their corresponding idw's at the same time. 

Currently when i upload an assembly file the idw's do not go with it and require me to upload and share each one individually making using the viewer useless

Message 4 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi Zach,

The ability of doing that is not yet available. You need to share one at the time at the moment.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 6
zach.crouse
in reply to: johnsonshiue

These videos in the help section should be changed then 

https://help.autodesk.com/view/ADSKVIEWER/ENU/?guid=ADSKVIEWER_Help_AutodeskViewerTools_html

Very misleading as they show both 3D models and drawing sheets in the same viewer window.

Message 6 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi Zach,

Many thanks for sharing the video! I was not aware of it. I think I know the discrepency now. The video actually shows a Revit file (rvt), not an Inventor file. Revit files can contain 3D and 2D data within the same file. Inventor does not do that. Inventor iam, ipt, and idw/dwg are distinct files. idw/dwg stores the drawing data, while iam and ipt store the model data.

Thanks again!

Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report