Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autodesk 4.0

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
611 Views, 7 Replies

autodesk 4.0

in 2001 i got a copy of autodesk inventor 4.0 used it for a few year. then lost intersted in cading. recently i decided to take it back only problem is when i try to install it i get a message saying error [436:4:1]. is their any way to fix this? i would like to use this because all my text book are made for this software.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

in 2001 i got a copy of autodesk inventor 4.0 used it for a few year. then lost intersted in cading. recently i decided to take it back only problem is when i try to install it i get a message saying error [436:4:1]. is their any way to fix this? i would like to use this because all my text book are made for this software.

What operating system is on your computer?

Obviously if you have a newer version of Windows then old programs are not guaranteed to install at all..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

i am running windows 10
Message 4 of 8
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:
i am running windows 10

Then obviously a program created 16 years ago is not going to install and work properly..

If you are a student or teacher you get free access to all autodesk software and can download Inventor 2016 (maybe even 2017) now to play with..

But other than that you are out of luck and will have to buy a new version of the program that is compatible with Windows 10..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 8
DarrenP

i hope you were not expecting this to run on Windows 10

Inventor has changed a lot in 16 years

have you looked at the rental options for Inventor so you can learn the latest version

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

That error message usually means the license interface that Autodesk used years ago can't run on newer operating systems.  I can only suggest trying to run the applications in compatability mode but they may not work either.

There may be someone here that could give you other suggestions but you're trying to work with software that was released 15/16 years ago and installing on WIndows 10.

Not knowing your situtation and why you want to stick with this old version, but in my opinion its not worth the effort...  So many things have changed and if you're trying to get back into the CAD world well I would start looking at running Inventor 2016/2017 for a 30 day trial and learn as much as possible.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 7 of 8
JDMather

http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity 

or

http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/fusion-360

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 8 of 8
mdavis22569

Got to be an April Fool's Joke .....

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report