Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Ballooning in a drawing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
vvpandey
222 Views, 4 Replies

Auto Ballooning in a drawing

Hello experts.

Hope you all are doing well. 

So I have a big assembly with many parts. 

I am preparing a drawing with a part list. This part list contains approximately 250 items. Now out of this 250 items I need only 100 items (for example) to be ballooned in the drawing. So i have made the rest 150 items invisible in the partlist (cannot make them phantom as they are needed in the next sheet of the same drawing).

Now the help I need is that, is there a way of auto ballooning only those items which are there in the part list (except the hidden ones). I hope I have been able to explain want I want. 

Please help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Gabriel_Watson
in reply to: vvpandey

Workaround (test if this suits you):
1- Create your views with all items included, dimension, annotate, etc.;
2- In the assembly, create a new model state, where those 150 items you don't wish to balloon are suppressed;
3- Add a new BASE view to your drawing and select for it the new Model State (with 150 items suppressed);
4- If needed, make a projection of that base view to match the angle of the view you wish to use for ballooning (also suppress the base view if needed)
5- Add your Parts List selecting your new Model State to omit what you have to omit;
6- Auto-balloon that new view, then move it on top of the previous view which has all items unsuppressed;
7- Select the assembly inside the previous view in your browser, go to Properties, unselect "By Layer" and change the line type to Dotted or other, picking a Color that is the most faded possible.

This should give you a slight cloud on top, but the balloons are there where they are needed, while maintaining the full assembly view.

Message 3 of 5
jtylerbc
in reply to: Gabriel_Watson

Possible (slightly) streamlined method:

1. Instead of manually hiding the parts in the Parts List, create a View Representation that only shows the parts you want to balloon on the first sheet.
  2. Apply a "View Representation" filter to the Parts List using the View Rep you just created.
  3. Set the view(s) on the drawing to use that same View Rep.
  4. Run Autoballoon on the view(s).
  5. Change the representations on the views back to whatever you really wanted them to show.
Message 4 of 5
Gabriel_Watson
in reply to: jtylerbc

Thanks John, I knew there was some View Rep method but rushed to Model States! haha

Message 5 of 5
jtylerbc
in reply to: Gabriel_Watson

It's unfortunately only a little easier than what you suggested.  Still takes a few steps to get there, and some are pretty similar.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report