Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly Issue in Autodesk Inventor

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
amarBQEDF
156 Views, 2 Replies

Assembly Issue in Autodesk Inventor

Dear Inventor,

I am an Autodesk Inventor user, and I am seeking advice to resolve an issue related to 3D modeling. Currently, I am facing challenges in identifying thread compatibility problems between two interconnected parts. The primary concern is that the two threads connecting each other have different dimensions.

To illustrate the problem, let's consider a situation where one part is intended to have an M45x2 thread, while its corresponding counterpart has been mistakenly designed with an M45x4.5 thread.

We would greatly appreciate your insights and recommendations on effective methods for detecting and addressing thread-related errors in parts. Specifically, we are interested in techniques that can be applied during the creation of assembly drawings.

Thank you for your valuable assistance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
NigelHay
in reply to: amarBQEDF

Do you need to use the different threads in other places? If your parts always use particular diameter threads with the same pitch each time, you can create "Presets" in the hole creation dialogue & ensure that all of your users stick to them.

threads.jpg

Message 3 of 3
Gabriel_Watson
in reply to: amarBQEDF

Using the "Bolted Connection" tool in assemblies (Design tab) can set all threads to match at once.
But the most robust way to ensure this would be through iLogic or specific plugins that can check hole alignment and match:
http://www.inventortales.com/2013/04/using-ilogic-to-change-threads-in.html

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report