Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Align rectangle to mid point of another rectangle's side?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
rajdude
274 Views, 3 Replies

Align rectangle to mid point of another rectangle's side?

Is it possible to quickly align the side of one rectangle's to the midpoint of another rectangle's side?

I mean mid point of one side of rectangle A should be placed upon the mid point of one side of rectangle B

Like this:

Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CGBenner
in reply to: rajdude

@rajdude 

Try a Coincident constraint between the two midpoints.

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 4
rajdude
in reply to: CGBenner

THANK YOU it was that easy?

I just wasted about an hour searching for the solution 😞

BTW, I could see that coincident constraint, but the little pop up shows circles, and the verbiage also says circles, so I assumed it will not work for straight lines! LoL

Message 4 of 4
blandb
in reply to: rajdude

Coincident will basically place any point on an arc or line. It will move along the arc or line unless you specifically place it on an end point, mid point. For instance, you can draw a line, and then place a circle. Use the coincident and use the center point of the circle and place it on the line. The circle will now be associated to the line, not just the points. You can even drag the circle away from the line completely and it will still be associated to it. Is a pretty useful constraint.

Autodesk Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report