Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-ins

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
rylander
552 Views, 18 Replies

Add-ins

We have "Autodesk Building Design Suite Ultimate 2017" and the faculty
are telling me that "Stress Analysis" and "Dynamic Simulation" add ins
are not available although in "Add in Manager" it shows
"Automatic/Loaded" for Stress Analysis. Any help would be greatly
appreciated. I have included screen shots.  Thank you

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
mdavis22569
in reply to: rylander

you might want to jump over to the Bims' forum ... 

unless one of the resellers show up,

make sure you have all of the updates installed ..and a restart of the pc

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 19
DarrenP

yea thats the case Building Ultimate only comes with base inventor

if you need the stress analysis you need to purchase Inventor Professional which is a separate product

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 19
rylander

Darren,

Could you tell me is it available in building ultimate 2016? Faculty were telling me they used it last year.

Thank you,

David M Rylander
Information Technology Technician
University Technology Services/Computing Systems
California University of PA
250 University Avenue
California, PA 15419
rylander@calu.edu
724-938-4333
[Integrity. Civility. Responsibility.]
Message 5 of 19
DarrenP

it was never available in Building Ultimate in any version

the only way to get Inventor Pro at the time was to get Product Design Ultimate or Factory Ultimate or you just bought Inventor Professional 2016 by itself

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 19
I_Forge_KC

As a university, you have access to almost the entire portfolio from Autodesk (free).

If you have to, just install Inventor Professional as a standalone install. I suspect that is what happened to you in the past as the Inventor bundled with that suite was just the base version and not Pro.

K. Cornett
Generative Design Consultant / Trainer

Message 7 of 19
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: I_Forge_KC

One thing that I wanted to add to @I_Forge_KC information....

It sounds like this is faculty department maintaining campus grounds so they are not allowed to use free educational software... So like @DarrenP has indicated you must purchase the software...

So @I_Forge_KC I have to take back the kudos I gave you..  Smiley Very Happy  Just kidding..

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 8 of 19

@Mark.Lancaster wrote:

....It sounds like this is faculty department maintaining campus grounds so they are not allowed to use free educational software... ....

Students, faculty and schools (instructional labs) get Autodesk Inventor Professional for free.

I do not see anything in the problem description that indicates this is for the "school grounds", physical plant or whatever commercial type use .....

Message 9 of 19
I_Forge_KC

Yeah, an IT department maintaining campus computers are entitled to it 😉

K. Cornett

Message 10 of 19
Darin.Green

That is NOT correct... Any use of the Autodesk products within an Educational institution that doesn't involve learning (Students & Teachers), are NOT permitted to use the free education licensed software.

Here's the difference between the two:

Facilities Management: Includes any type of modeling of facility buildings, equipment, or other task outside of exclusive learning.

Educational Learning: Exactly what the words say, for students and teachers for learning the CAD software.

If any institution is caught using the educational software in this manner will most likely be audited which will cost you!

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 11 of 19
Mark.Lancaster

@I_Forge_KC and @TheCADWhisperer

It boils down what I viewed the term faculty as..  Granted @TheCADWhisperer is correct that it doesn't indicate this means the campus facility maintenance department but we need to be careful in what we say regarding free educational license.  Just because its a school, campus, or university, it doesn't mean that are entitled to use the free software for everything..  Users come here looking for guidance and we don;t want to send the wrong message especially when it comes to the free educational software.

So we both have our input and both are correct..   You may assume one thing from this posting and I assumed something else.   But without @rylander clarification we can only speculate what they mean.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 12 of 19
I_Forge_KC

Call me a stickler, but in collegiate vernacular there is a huge difference between faculty and staff. Staff would be grounds maintenance versus faculty are instructional. Where I instruct this is a huge difference in many ways. My assumption comes from the use of the word faculty and not staff.

K. Cornett

Message 13 of 19
Darin.Green

@DarrenP is correct, Inventor Professional was never apart of Building Design Suite, however, Inventor NON-Pro is... That being said, it depends on the needs of the software. As an educational institution, for student learning you can download Product Design Suite Ultimate for using Inventor Pro. For Facilities Management, you'll need to purchase or upgrade your contract which you'll only get Inventor if you still have Building Design Suite. Otherwise, just Product Design Suite Ultimate would be your best bet.

Message 14 of 19
Darin.Green

@rylander sorry this conversation spiraled way out of control here, and the reason for that is due to you mentioning the following RED BOLD below

@rylander wrote:

We have "Autodesk Building Design Suite Ultimate 2017" and the faculty
are telling me that 

Some of us work in the partner channel, and when the term Faculty spring up we need to clarify (Teachers or Facilities team) keeping up with campus grounds.

By now, you should understand what the differences are for sure, but wanted to apologize for the sharp turn of the conversation.

Please let us know if you original question was answered by posting a response or accepting the solution from the post that help'd you.

Message 15 of 19
rylander

I see that I have access to "Autodesk Building Design Suite Premium English 2017 Win 64" and/or "Autodesk Building Design Suite Ultimate English 2017 Win 64", does the premium include the stress analysis? Also, this is for labs where a faculty instructs students and not for grounds crew or whatever like someone stated in another thread. At our university faculty means instructor and "STAFF" would be grounds crew .

Thank you,

David M Rylander
250 University Avenue
California, PA 15419
rylander@calu.edu
724-938-4333
Message 16 of 19
Darin.Green

No, you need Product Design Suite Ultimate or just Inventor Professional

Message 17 of 19
rylander

Darin,

I do not see inventor pro available through my login, is there any way I can access the inventor which includes the add-in stress analysis and will still work with our server license?

Thank you,

David M Rylander
250 University Avenue
California, PA 15419
rylander@calu.edu
724-938-4333
Message 18 of 19
DarrenP

are these the free education licenses or licenses the school actually bought

if its the free edu licenses you need to go to the edu community and request the licenses you need

if its licenses you bought you will need to buy the licenses you need

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 19 of 19
Darin.Green

This issue was resolved by generating the serial number information for Product Design Suite Ultimate from the education community. After generating the license and configuring the server, we converted their current version of Inventor to Inventor Professional. Software is now configured on the student machines and running as expected.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report