Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work with Intent Design Editor

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
omarutov
1402 Views, 20 Replies

Work with Intent Design Editor

Couple days ago I have installed ETO R2 2013. When I work with Intent Design Editor I have some issue. When I try to input double number (as 2.25) I have some error message (see attached picture). What is it? How can I fix it?

Win7 x64
Xeon X5647
24 Gb RAM
Quadro FX 6000

Inventor 2013
ETO 6.1, Build 140.
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
omarutov
in reply to: omarutov

In addition, the error message shown after input "."

Win7 x64
Xeon X5647
24 Gb RAM
Quadro FX 6000

Inventor 2013
ETO 6.1, Build 140.
Message 3 of 21
JackGregory

Can you send or post the file that gets the error?

Hard to give much advice without seeing it.

--Jack Gregory

Message 4 of 21
omarutov
in reply to: JackGregory

Too hard to say what file gets this error. I have this issue when I work with sheet in Intent through Design Editor.

Win7 x64
Xeon X5647
24 Gb RAM
Quadro FX 6000

Inventor 2013
ETO 6.1, Build 140.
Message 5 of 21
JackGregory

OK.  The next time you see this problem, please send (or post here) the full backtrace as shown in that error dialog, and the file you are editing at the time.  It looks like an intellisense error, which should be something we can track down.

--Jack Gregory

Message 6 of 21
omarutov

This is exception text.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
at Autodesk.Intent.Utilities.EqualsName(String name1, String name2)
at Autodesk.Intent.UI.DesignEditor.IntelliSense.MemberList.FindChildRule(IToken childRuleNameToken)
at Autodesk.Intent.UI.DesignEditor.IntelliSense.MemberList.m_syntaxEditor_DotTriggerActivated(Object sender, TriggerActivatedEventArgs e)
at Autodesk.Intent.Common.UI.SyntaxEditor.SyntaxEditorControl.RaiseTriggerActivated(Action`1 activated, IToken token)
at Autodesk.Intent.Common.UI.SyntaxEditor.SyntaxEditorControl.syntaxEditor1_DotTriggerActivated(Object sender, TriggerEventArgs e)
at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.SyntaxEditor.OnTriggerActivated(TriggerEventArgs e)
at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.SyntaxEditor.a(TriggerEventArgs A_0)
at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.SyntaxEditor.a(EditorView A_0, Keys A_1, Char A_2, Boolean A_3)
at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.SyntaxEditor.OnKeyPress(KeyPressEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.SyntaxEditor.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Win7 x64
Xeon X5647
24 Gb RAM
Quadro FX 6000

Inventor 2013
ETO 6.1, Build 140.
Message 7 of 21
JackGregory

Can you tell us how you are getting this error?  I need some steps to replicate.

--Jack Gregory

Message 8 of 21
omarutov

I have open sheet of drawing through Intent.

Child FrontView As ...

End Child

Child RightView As ...

End Child

Child PartsList As ...

End Child

Child Notes As ...

End Child

Every time when I try to type number (double type), after typing "." I have message shown above. It doesn't matter where I try to type number. In ETO R1 I didn't have with issue.

Win7 x64
Xeon X5647
24 Gb RAM
Quadro FX 6000

Inventor 2013
ETO 6.1, Build 140.
Message 9 of 21
JackGregory

Sorry, I am unable to replicate this with the information given.  Does anyone else have this problem?

I suppose I should say that ETO Studio is the preferred/recommended rule editing environment over Design Editor starting with Inventor ETO 2013 R2.

--Jack Gregory

Message 10 of 21
omarutov

It doesn't matter what I use. Visual Studio or Design Editor. It must work. About previous information. For replicate this issue you need to create drawing through Intent. When you will have blank sheet on the screen. Go to into sheet design and try to type any double number. Done.

Win7 x64
Xeon X5647
24 Gb RAM
Quadro FX 6000

Inventor 2013
ETO 6.1, Build 140.
Message 11 of 21
Jon.Balgley

I tried it too, and could not reproduce it.  I had an Intent design, inheriting from IvDrawingSheet, blank sheet showing in Inventor.  In the Design Editor, I tried adding "view" Child rules, using "." in numbers, and it all worked.  Sorry!

(It worked OK in ETO Studio -- Visual Studio, too.)

Jon Balgley
Message 12 of 21
JackGregory

I have an idea.  Is your operating system not en-US?  Is your installation not en-US?  This might be why we cannot replicate.  And since the failing thing appears to be some kind of string comparison, it might be related.

--Jack Gregory

Message 13 of 21
omarutov

Could you please to see this video.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nxmbxf2tiikdcax/20130130_1407_56.avi

I have en-US version. Our company is located in California.

I don't understant why I have this issue after reinstalling ETO. Before I didn't have it and I didn't change Intent code.

The problem is just with numbers.

Win7 x64
Xeon X5647
24 Gb RAM
Quadro FX 6000

Inventor 2013
ETO 6.1, Build 140.
Message 14 of 21
JackGregory

We don't understand, either.  I could not read anything in the video, but I see that you tried several files and only one has the problem.  But this file has a LOT of content.  It was not what you described as steps to replicate, which Jon tried to follow.  Can you send me that file?  All the evidence is that there is something about this particular file.  Even if you can get it to happen with ANY file, send the failing file to Jack.Gregory@Autodesk.com.

I know this is painful, but these kinds of things usually are.  There is something here which we did not see in testing, and we need to understand.

Also: You said it fails in ETO Studio.  Can you send me the backtrace for that failure as well?  We can take this off the discussion group and then report back to everyone when we have something.

--Jack Gregory

Message 15 of 21
wayne.brill

Hi,

I tried recreating the error from what I understand. I used the SheetMetal assembly in the ETO 2013 samples. It has a drawing. In the design for SMDrawingSheet I tried entering the double for values. (.22, 0.4) I attached a screenshot to show what I did.

Can you upload a small dataset that I can use to recreate this error? Another screenshot of your ETO dialogs would help too.

Thanks!

Wayne Brill
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 16 of 21
omarutov

A little bit wrone. I don't have any problems with particular file. The problem is when I try to modify the sheet design file and have active drawing what has been created from this sheet design file. I have 25 drawings and 25 sheet desing files respectively. When I generate any drawing through the Intent I have issues with sheet design file that has relation to active drawing. If I close drawing I can do with sheet design file whatever I want.

In previous post I have saw screenshot, hovewer, it's Visual Studio, not Intent Design Editor.  

Win7 x64
Xeon X5647
24 Gb RAM
Quadro FX 6000

Inventor 2013
ETO 6.1, Build 140.
Message 17 of 21
JackGregory

The AVI you posted to drop box is of Intent Design Editor.  It fuzzily shows that in the Title Bar.

In Design Editor, in the View menu, there is a check box to turn Intellisense off.  Could you uncheck that and see if you have the same problem?  If you still have an exception, please send the full backtrace so we can see what is different.

--Jack Gregory

Message 18 of 21
omarutov

I have tried to turn off intellisense. No changes. I can send to you my sheet design file, but I'm not sure you can run it. We have a difficult design structure. We use own application for working with database. I mean transfer all needed variables from database through this application. Build 3D model and set of drawing runs from application as well.  I tried to use Visual Studio, hovewer, Intent model didn't load into VS. One more thing. We have 2 the same machines what using the same Intent design files. On my machine has been installed ETO R2, on the second machine - ETO R1. On my machine exist this problem, on another machine not.

Win7 x64
Xeon X5647
24 Gb RAM
Quadro FX 6000

Inventor 2013
ETO 6.1, Build 140.
Message 19 of 21
JackGregory

After many trials and guesses, we have replicated this problem.  It occurs when there is a conditional child rule (the Design is conditional).  It is also a separate defect that turning Intellisense off does not stop the problem from happening.  The problem has nothing to do with drawings.  It is replicable with a trivial Design.

This problem is not present in ETO Studio.  That is the recommended workaround until a fix can be released.

--Jack Gregory

Message 20 of 21
omarutov

Thanks for explain.

Win7 x64
Xeon X5647
24 Gb RAM
Quadro FX 6000

Inventor 2013
ETO 6.1, Build 140.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report