Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UITools Tutorial in VS: Where are the user designs?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
cpalmatier
737 Views, 4 Replies

UITools Tutorial in VS: Where are the user designs?

I loaded the UITools tutorial solution in VS 2010 (ETO2013R2) to work through the tutorial, but the user designs don't show up in the VS Design Navigator. They do appear in Design Editor if I load the Inventor project. What am I doing wrong?Capture.PNG

And a bonus question: What's the deal with the Type 'ErrorHandlerBehavior' is not defined. error. I get it after loading the project.

Chris Palmatier
Training Program Manager
Cruz Bay Custom
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

It looks like you have only opened the UI Tools Tutorial.sln file. In order to view the UI Tools Tutorial designs in Visual Studio, you also need to use the "Import Inventor Project" command on the file menu, and open the "UI Tools Tutorial.ipj" file. This will create a "UI Tools Tutorial.etoproj" file which will list the designs in the Design Navigator.

The Type 'ErrorHandlerBehavior' is not defined error is due to the fact that the sample on the ADN site hasn't been updated to the 2013 R2 version yet. The update will be posted soon. In the meantime, you can open the RemoteUIIntentServices.vb file and replace

AspNetCompatibilityRequirements(RequirementsMode:=AspNetCompatibilityRequirementsMode.Required), _
ErrorHandlerBehavior()> _

with

AspNetCompatibilityRequirements(RequirementsMode:=AspNetCompatibilityRequirementsMode.Required)> _

However, you will also have an error in MainPage.xaml and will need to replace

<uiTools:UIProject x:Name="clientProject" ApplicationName="UIToolsTutorial" />

with

<uiTools:UIProject x:Name="clientProject" />

The application name now needs to be set in code. You can use the ETO Silverlight Web application template to see an example of how to do this.

Scott Anderson
Principal Software Engineer
Message 3 of 5

Thanks Scott. Seems like the UI Tools tutorial is trying to be reference material AND tutorial at the same time. It could use some steps :).

Chris Palmatier
Training Program Manager
Cruz Bay Custom
Message 4 of 5
stevetrudeau
in reply to: cpalmatier

The updated Server samples are now available:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=18361292

Message 5 of 5
cpalmatier
in reply to: stevetrudeau

Thanks Steve.

Chris Palmatier
Training Program Manager
Cruz Bay Custom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report