Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System messages window is gone ?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
786 Views, 7 Replies

System messages window is gone ?

Hi,

Could be me, but I can't find the the system messages window of  the newest ETO (2013 R2) release anymore ? Where can I find it in VS2010 ?

Cheers,

Mark

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Looks like it's been combined with the Immediate window and called ETO Console.

View>Autodesk ETO Series Studio Windows>ETO Console

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Hi Chris,

I've opened this window but I don't see any 'printvalues' ,that I placed for debugging purposes, appearing. Maybe they are visible somewhere else or could it be a setting ?

cheers, Mark

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

I haven't tried any printValue statements yet, I just saw the startup status messages sent to the console and assumed that was it. If I figure it out I'll let you know.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Did anyone figure this one out?

Message 6 of 8
JackGregory

As part of the effort with getting error reporting improvements, along with server versions and such, we now have a real log.  I didn't realize it when I first saw this thread, but that is where the PrintValue output is going.  So if you navigate to your directory that looks something like this: C:\Users\<you>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Inventor ETO Components 2013\Logs

you should find the log file, and can see all the stuff that you thought had disappeared into the ether.

Logging across processes (from Inventor to ETO Studio, for example) is kind of problematic.  In addition, this is still a work in progress; not everything that should go to the log does.  Hopefully this info will help with PrintValue usage at least.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: JackGregory

Thanks Jack

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

If you are still using the old Intent Design Editor then you will be able to get System Messages back in the same way that you can re-activate the old IDE.  

To Activate See: http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor_ETO/enu/2013/Help/0000-What_s_N0

After it is activated and Inventor is restarted, you will find the System Messages under Tools->ETO Panel.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report