Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

supress features in ETO 2012 within a child

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
TIMOHART
1243 Views, 9 Replies

supress features in ETO 2012 within a child

We run Inventor + ETO 2012 and some features get suppressed like I tell them to and one doesn't .

Can anyone tell me why ?

Code:

Code.JPG

Model:

unsupressedFeature.JPG

Extrusion 5 and Extrusion 6 is working but Extrusion 4 is not suppressed.

Thank you.

Timo

ETO 2014 R2
HP Z420 / Win7 X64
16GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro K4000

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
JackGregory
in reply to: TIMOHART

It isn't clear from the information given.  I would like to see the Intent Model tree with Designs turned on, for the same section of the tree for which you show the Inventor tree.

Also check for system messages.  Generally speaking, when something is requested via rule, and the system can't comply, you get an error or a warning.

Message 3 of 10
TIMOHART
in reply to: JackGregory

Here follows the complete screen. The red circle shows the gap in the profile due to the Extrusion 4 which is NOT suppressed. Sorry but system massages do not show any Error or message. Nor I get any other errror . it is simply that extrusion4 is not suppressed. I tried to change the order of unsupressing and suppressing the features but no luck. 😉

unsupressedFeature#2.JPG

Code#2.JPG

ETO 2014 R2
HP Z420 / Win7 X64
16GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro K4000

Message 4 of 10
JackGregory

OK, this is some more information, but not enough.  Since we could go back and forth on this for days, let me tell you how I approach this problem.

1. Complaint is that a parameter (or part of a parameter) is being ignored.

2. Find parameter rule for the given example and look at it, look at its value.

3. Find value when it gets to Intent internals and look at it.  Are they the same?

3a: Yes: Problem is in Intent.

3b: No: Problem is in customer rules.

I am stuck on 2.  You have a Design, DIN1026.  I have no idea what that is, but it isn't an Autodesk-authored Design to my knowledge.  But you are complaining that one of its parameters is being ignored.  Yet I have no idea what the rules or mixins are for DIN1026.  In order to get me (or anyone here) enough information to help, we have to have a common ground, and that is the Autodesk Designs involved.

Now, I fully recognize that customer projects are complex and have complicated Design hierarchies.  But we can't help without more information.  If you can replicate this with a simple use of Autodesk Designs, that is ideal.  If not, we need to dig into your Designs more deeply.  If you are not comfortable with posting that here, which is understandable, then we need to create a case with ADN and deal with it as a support issue.

Message 5 of 10
TIMOHART

Thank you Jack for this realistic view again.

DIN1026 is a simple adopted IPT part, used many times in different representations.

That is why I need to suppress features.

Manly it is a simple Extrusion3 from which I cut the other Extrusions. In my this case

Ext..5 and Ext..6 are suppressed and thereby not cut, but extrusion4 should be suppressed - is not - and thereby gets cut off Extrusion3.

==> suppression is ignorred.

- Model tree shows Extrusion4 unsuppressed

- Intent tree shows list of suppressed features WITH extrusion4 ( same like the coding says )

Suppress#3.JPG

In case we can not solve this here just let me know if there is a known issue with 2012. ADN is an option I will get some information.

Thank you / Regards

Timo

ETO 2014 R2
HP Z420 / Win7 X64
16GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro K4000

Message 6 of 10
JackGregory

Good.  This helps.  Some things I would recommend:

1. In the Intent Model pane, under Options... Turn on "Show Owner" in the properties tab.  This allows you to know where the rule actually comes from.  This is very important in debugging!  Assume nothing.

2. There is an internal variable called %%suppressionStates that is actually what gets fed to Inventor, in order.  We suppress the suppressed ones, then unsuppress the unsuppressed ones in that order.  If there is a dependency (in Inventor, not Intent), then unsuppressing 7 could also unsuppress 4.  To verify this, load your factory file, and perform them in that order.  If extrusion4 gets unsuppressed, then that is why Intent is doing the same thing.

3. Finally, if the above doesn't enlighten, I would like you to try to delete your MemberFiles directory and re-run, and see if that makes a difference.

There are no known problems with suppression in ETO 2012.

Message 7 of 10
TIMOHART

Thank you for this Jack. 

Yes there is truly a dependensy beetween the two extrusions.

If I unsuppress 7 then 4 will also get unsuppressed.

Unlucky I do not know why. And how to get this fixed.

I also found the %%suppressionstate parameter but do not know what to do with it .

here the picture: It seems that there are deviations.

Suppress#4.JPG

ETO 2014 R2
HP Z420 / Win7 X64
16GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro K4000

Message 8 of 10
TIMOHART

Here is the Part which causes the problem by the way :

ETO 2014 R2
HP Z420 / Win7 X64
16GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro K4000

Message 9 of 10
Lesoux

I tried to play with your part. I think the problem with sketch in "Extrusion7" feature. Just try to rebuild your sketch without any curve projection from model body. Unfortunatly, I don't have installed ETO 2012 to give you fixed part. Just in case, attached file has been created by ETO 2013.

Win10 x64
Xeon E5-1630
32 Gb RAM
Quadro K5200

Inventor 2020.3.4, Build 373
Message 10 of 10
TIMOHART
in reply to: Lesoux

Took some time but finally it was the IPT which had some strange dependencies.

Thank you / Regards

Timo

ETO 2014 R2
HP Z420 / Win7 X64
16GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro K4000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report