Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SetUserApplication error while trying to run FilterDemo

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
psaarloos
1006 Views, 10 Replies

SetUserApplication error while trying to run FilterDemo

Hi,

I am trying to run the FilterDemo from the ETO Samples site, but I am running into the error below. What should I do to fix this error?

Regards,

Pim Saarloos

FilterDemoError.png

Regards,
Pim Saarloos
Product Manager
If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. Kudos are much appreciated!
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Hi Pim,

Do you have multiple versions of ETO Server installed? If so, make sure that the references to Autodesk.Intent.Services in the FilterDemo projects point to the ETO Server 2013 R2 version.

Scott Anderson
Principal Software Engineer
Message 3 of 11

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your quick response! I just realized I have Autodesk Inventor ETO Components 2013 R2 installed, but also Autodesk Inventor ETO Server 2013 R1. I am downloading Autodesk Inventor ETO Server 2013 R2 right now, so hopefully that fixes the issue.

Thanks!

Regards,

Pim Saarloos

Regards,
Pim Saarloos
Product Manager
If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. Kudos are much appreciated!
Message 4 of 11

Hi Scott,

Instaling Autodesk ETO Server 2013 R2 solved this issue, however when I try to configure the Filter in the web application I am getting an error message telling 'An error has occured' on almost every action. In the ETO Server Configurator I see some errors in the log which might be causing this errors. I can see it's a directory not found error, but I am not sure which directory the error is about. My guess is that it has something to do with the Design Project (Inventor project), but all the directories specified in this Inventor Project exists. I added the Inventor Project to Inventor without any problem. Do you have any idea how to solve this one?

Regards,

Pim Saarloos

FilterDemoError1.png

Regards,
Pim Saarloos
Product Manager
Message 5 of 11

I think we've seen this caused by the ETO application files being in a location that is inaccessible to the InventorETOServices user (or the user that the IntentSessionManager service is running under). For example, if the FilterDemo files are in your user directory, etc. If that is the case, just move the files to a directory that the InventorETOServices user has access to, or edit the permissions of the folder the FilterDemo files are in and give access to the InventorETOServices user.

Scott Anderson
Message 6 of 11

I've added the InventorETOServices user to the local administrators group. Should that work as well? Sent from my iPhone
Regards,
Pim Saarloos
Product Manager
Message 7 of 11

Hi Scott,

I just double checked the security on the FilterDemo folder (which is on the default Visual Studio 2010\Projects location). The administrators group already had full rights, but I also explicitly added the InventorETOServices user and gave full rights to the folder and every within this folder. I am still getting the same error.

I am getting the same error as well when I press the 'Test Application Services' button after selecting the 'FilterDemoInventor' row in the Inventor ETO Server Configurator. Any other ideas?

I have Silverlight SDK 5 installed. There is no IIS installed on the machine.

Regards,

Pim Saarloos

Regards,
Pim Saarloos
Product Manager
Message 8 of 11
psaarloos
in reply to: psaarloos

After two days trying to figure out why the System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException occurs, I am out of options. All the ETO Server sample (Staircase, FilterDemo, Conveyor) are giving the same error. What could be causing the DirectoryNotFoundException?

It looks to me ETO Server wants to activate an Inventor project, but it can't find a specfic directory...

Regards,
Pim Saarloos
Product Manager
Message 9 of 11

Hi Pim,

I forgot about another possible cause of this. There is a directory that used to be created automatically by Inventor Server that no longer is by Inventor Server 2013 SP1. Please check if you have this folder on your system:

C:\Users\InventorETOServices\Documents\Inventor Server x64 Inventor ETO Server

Note that if the InventorETOServices user has been deleted and recreated, there may be multiple user directories for it, such as:

C:\users\InventorETOServices.<MachineName>.000\Documents\Inventor Server x64 Inventor ETO Server

C:\users\InventorETOServices.<MachineName>.001\Documents\Inventor Server x64 Inventor ETO Server

In this case, add the directory in the newest one.

Scott Anderson
Message 10 of 11

Hi Scott,

Creating the C:\Users\InventorETOServices\Documents\Inventor Server x64 Inventor ETO Server folder solved the problem! Many thanks! Would be good to create a knowledge base article or a hotfix I guess..

Regards,

Pim Saarloos

Regards,
Pim Saarloos
Product Manager
Message 11 of 11

This was costing me days...... Thank you for the hint!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report