Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Up A Solution To Use UI Tools

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
697 Views, 6 Replies

Setting Up A Solution To Use UI Tools

I'm working in ETO 2013 R2 (Update 1) and ETO Studio trying to use UI Tools for my project. We created our models in Inventor, adopted them, then imported the project directly into ETO Studio, and have done all coding work there. I began working through the UI Tools tutorial, adding dv and ui rules and mixins and such. Now I'm trying to add references, but my solution explorer doesn't look anything like the tutorial. I've clearly missed a big step along the way. 

SolutionExplorer.png

I assume I need an Inventor Addin run it in Inventor, but where do I start? The tutorial kinda skips over that part ;).

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
scott_anderson-adsk
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Chris,

You are right that you need to add an Inventor Addin project. You can use the Inventor Add-In Template. You need to add the references to the windows forms project it creates. Good point that it isn't very clear about that. I'll file a defect for the documentation.

Scott Anderson
Principal Software Engineer
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: scott_anderson-adsk

Thanks Scott. And thanks for the link.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

I'm finally getting back to this, and making good progress. I added the Inventor Addin project to my solution, added a button to the ribbon to show the UI. It's all good to this point. I'm working in VB, and the sample is in C#, which I don't have installed at the moment.

I think I'm missing something in the connection to the UIProject, as the dialog shows but the controls don't populate:

Capture.PNG

Do I need to do something in the button event handler? 

Private Sub ShowUiButton_OnExecute(ByVal sender As Object, _
ByVal e As ButtonDefinitionWrapper.ExecuteEventArgs) Dim dlg As CBC_BridgeCraneUIProject = New CBC_BridgeCraneUIProject dlg.Show() End Sub

Message 5 of 7
scott_anderson-adsk
in reply to: Anonymous

You need to drag and drop an IntentUIProject component onto the form, and then set the PartProvider of the treeview control to it in the form's constructor, such as:

UiPartTree1.PartProvider = IntentUIProject1

Scott Anderson
Principal Software Engineer
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks Scott, I've done that. There's nothing I have to do when initializing the dialog to set the part provider or anything?

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

It turns out that trying to retro-fit the UI into an existing project was causing my major issues. I've restructured the design/mixin structure in the sample, and it's behaving better now, except for one issue that I'll post seperately. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report