Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sectioning Conventions for Webs and Ribs

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
via05306
422 Views, 4 Replies

Sectioning Conventions for Webs and Ribs

I have seen posts form previous years about the problem of Inventor not following sectioning conventions in drawings.

I think it is very uncomfortable to have to manually re-hatch drawings to follow standard practice, or make my single parts as an assembly to ignore sectioning some features.  I think its absurd to do this for every part I want to section correctly.

Since I have seen forums on this subject dating from 2006, I think its incredible that Autodesk hasn't come up with a solution to this yet.  Is it not time for you guys to modify the drawing rules so that your software actually does professional engineering work?

I've heard Solidworks can do it and you guys don't.

For an issue that has been posted for more than 6 years, I think that it's a barbarity that it is not yet fixed appropietely,

Just saying...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
FarrenYoung
in reply to: via05306

Two things.

1. You're posting this in the wrong forum (try here... http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/bd-p/78)

2. If this was as big of a deal as you're making it out to be lots of others would be complaining and it likely would have been added to Inventor by now.  Autodesk conducts surveys each year to ask users what they want/need in the next version of all their applications.  This must not have been too high on their results.  So you have a couple options.  You could always use solidworks or you could program a fix for yourself.

--Farren

************************************************************************************
If this post helps, please click the "thumbs up" to give kudos
If this post answers your question, please click "Accept as Solution"
************************************************************************************
Message 3 of 5
via05306

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry for posting in the wrong section.

With regards to the solution, the choice of the software is not mine, it's my employer's. So a solution from Autodesk would be nice.  I'm pretty sure I am not the only one pointing this out, since, like I said, there are several post about this issue dating back as far as 2006.

Message 4 of 5
FarrenYoung

Since the feature doesn't currently exist and you are unable to use other software, you could probably get help with a custom programmed solution from this forum: Autodesk Inventor Customization - Autodesk Discussion Groups

This isn't ideal, but if it saves you time it's better than nothing.

--Farren

If this post helps, please click the "thumbs up" to give kudos
If this post answers your question, please click "Accept as Solution"
Message 5 of 5
via05306
in reply to: FarrenYoung

Thank you very much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report