Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saving member file as factory file?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
452 Views, 1 Reply

saving member file as factory file?

Hi all,

One of my parts recently got a "cyclical constraint error".  I didn't have a back-up to this part saved, but I found a member file version that was previous to this error.  So, I saved it back as my factory part name.  It fixed the cyclical error, but now if I try to go into the entity naming editor, it won't allow me to add any named faces, as it still think it's a member file.

I tried deleting all of the member files and re-adopting it into Intent, but the problem seems to be the part itself.

Is there a way to change this part so it sees itself as a factory file?  I'm not sure where the information is stored that is making it still think it's a member file.

Thanks,

Joe

P.S.- I'm using Inventor 2009.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Well, I didn't find a way to change the member file to a factory file...

But, I did find that Tools -> "Rebuild All" managed to fix the cyclical constraint error that I had...so thankfully that part is working again.

I'll mark this as solved, but I'd still like to know if there is a way to transform a member file to a factory file.

Thanks,

Joe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report