Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
venkatt
553 Views, 3 Replies

Routed Systems in ETO

Hi,

I understand that Routed Systems functionality is not available to ETO applications primarily because it does not have a programmable interface (API). So, wondering if there are any other workarounds to using functionality provided by Routed Systems (specifically Cable and Harness) in ETO applications. Perhaps a custom application etc., looking for any ideas to see how this could be done.

Thanks,

Venkatesh.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
FarrenYoung
in reply to: venkatt

First, it looks like you are an Autodesk employee. I'm curious why you are coming here for help instead of going directly to your colleagues.
Second, I've done this via reverse engineering, but as you know this isn't guaranteed to work from version to version or even service pack to service pack as the way routed systems works internally could be changed without notice.
--Farren

************************************************************************************
If this post helps, please click the "thumbs up" to give kudos
If this post answers your question, please click "Accept as Solution"
************************************************************************************
Message 3 of 4
venkatt
in reply to: FarrenYoung

Thanks for your response. Well, I also wanted to see if customers have had the need for cabling/wiring in their apps and if so how they resolved it. It seems like you reverse engineered Routed Systems to implement your own app/plugin that gives you that same functionality. If yours is a different app from Routed Systems, why are you concerned about updates to Routed Systems (new release or service pack) breaking your app, is that because the functionality provided by your app will not match with the updated Routed Systems?

-Venkatesh.

Message 4 of 4
venkatt
in reply to: venkatt

Could you please share some details regarding the workaround solution that you built. Also, I'm curious to know whether you were able to read the cable/wire properties (e.g. length, bend radius) by other means, e.g. using the Inventor API.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report