Inventor Engineer-to-Order

Inventor Engineer-to-Order

jrofactotech
Message 1 of 2 (61 Views)

Retrieving the refchain of the selected part

61 Views, 1 Replies
08-17-2009 02:31 AM
I am building a .net application on top of Autocad 2010 with Intent 2010.
Let's say for instance, that my whole model consists of intent generated children, e.g., 10 different blocks. Now, all of them have a given refchain which identifies them in the automation model, e.g., "root:block_1:", "root:block_2:", and so on. If I click one of those blocks in the Autocad view, is there a way that I can, using the .net intent API, retrieve the refchain of that given part?
Employee
JackGregory
Message 2 of 2 (61 Views)

Re: Retrieving the refchain of the selected part

08-28-2009 10:55 AM in reply to: jrofactotech
There is currently no Intent API for this, but Intent writes the reference chain onto each entity it creates as extended entity data (EED). This is an AutoCAD way of tagging entities. You can extract it from there. It is a little complicated, because EED is size-limited. I think to 255 bytes. If the refchain is longer than this, we have to use a dictionary lookup (the EED then contains the key). This is all a little complex to cover here, and it certainly needs an API to hide it, and such an API is on "the list". Until then, contact Intent_Support directly.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.