Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieving the refchain of the selected part

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
269 Views, 1 Reply

Retrieving the refchain of the selected part

I am building a .net application on top of Autocad 2010 with Intent 2010.
Let's say for instance, that my whole model consists of intent generated children, e.g., 10 different blocks. Now, all of them have a given refchain which identifies them in the automation model, e.g., "root:block_1:", "root:block_2:", and so on. If I click one of those blocks in the Autocad view, is there a way that I can, using the .net intent API, retrieve the refchain of that given part?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
JackGregory
in reply to: Anonymous

There is currently no Intent API for this, but Intent writes the reference chain onto each entity it creates as extended entity data (EED). This is an AutoCAD way of tagging entities. You can extract it from there. It is a little complicated, because EED is size-limited. I think to 255 bytes. If the refchain is longer than this, we have to use a dictionary lookup (the EED then contains the key). This is all a little complex to cover here, and it certainly needs an API to hide it, and such an API is on "the list". Until then, contact Intent_Support directly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report