cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace components

Replace components

Replace selected components

Currently the options are replace all, or individually select one component replace, select the next one and replace, then repeat this process for all of the individual components (i.e. mainly hardware parts).

Just an additional option would do just fine, or Simply adding the ability to select multiple component qty's to the current Replace command:

Replace

Replace selection (multiple)

Replace all

2 Comments
gavbath
Collaborator

If you need a solution in a hurry, I created a macro to do this. I wrote an article on it here:

http://designandmotion.net/autodesk/replace-some-components-in-inventor-2014/

MichaelFarrow
Contributor

My thoughts exactly.  The current replace, and replace all work fine.  Seems logical that if you select multiple instances of the same part (or even different parts) then you should be able to also replace all of the selected items with an alternative in one go.  As it stands, you have to do each one individually. 

I had a good example this morning.  I have a loadbed with 20 lashing rings in it, four at the front, 16 in the main body.  Originally they were all the same part, but now I have to have a slightly different part in the main body.  I created an alternative lashing ring assembly, and then went to replace the items in the assembly.  As there is no option to select multiples, I either have to replace all, then, individually replace the four at the front back to the original, or I have to individually replace all 16 one by one.  The other alternative (which I opted for) was to delete the four at the front, replace all on the 16 and then re-place and re-mate the four at the front.  A lot of work for something which could be so simple!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report