Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relative and absolute path to adopded Parts and assemblies

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
TIMOHART
538 Views, 1 Reply

Relative and absolute path to adopded Parts and assemblies

Hello ,

Adopted parts will be having a relative path in the adopted file such as :

< %%category("Inventor") > _
 Parameter Rule factoryFileDirectory As String = "..\Parts\Cooler"

wheras the adopted Ilogic assembly has a absolute path such as :

Rule AssemblyFileDirectory As String = "G:\Inventor\19_ETO\ETO_Entwicklung\ETO_M2013\Parts\PumpConfig\MD80-260_Configurator"

trying to change the absolute path in a relative path was leading to the fact that ETO did not find the assembly .

Rule AssemblyFileDirectory As String = "..\Parts\PumpConfig\MD80-260_Configurator"

Is this a known behaviour ?

following editing works but is not the right way.

I actually don't know how to do it differently .

Rule AssemblyFileDirectory AsString = iv_ProjectWorkspace() + "\Parts\PumpConfig\MD150-360-Ahead_Configurator"

What do I need to do with the editable IKS file to overwrite the absolute Path ?

Thank you / Regards

Timo

ETO 2014 R2
HP Z420 / Win7 X64
16GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro K4000

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ebachrach
in reply to: TIMOHART

Hi,

The use of projectlocation(), iv_projectworkspace, identifying the path based on the design library location using LibraryLocation(designLibrary(designName))  are all reasonable parts of a contsruct for ensuring the path are perfectly reasonable. 

So I might use something like this:  AssemblyFileDirectory = iv_pathCombine(LibraryLocation(designLibrary(designName)), myinventorpartfilesdirectory)

I'm not trying to explain why adoption process hardcodes the path.  It hasn't really mattered in my projects because the iLogicAssemblies and their constituent parts are often kept in some other location anyway, so there really hasn't been a reasonable initial assumption about path. 

Elly

--
Autodesk
Elly Bachrach
ETO/CTO Solutions Designer
Intelligent Configuration Solutions
Mobile +1 (773) 401-6980
elly.bachrach@gmail.com

************************************************************************************
If this post helps, please click the "thumbs up" to give kudos
If this post answers your question, please click "Accept as Solution"
************************************************************************************

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report