Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Factory File Directories

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
djohnsonD3
248 Views, 1 Reply

Multiple Factory File Directories

Hello,

I'm attempting to use source control management with my Intent project. This is really easy with design files. When I make a new branch I just create a new project file, tell it where to look for my branched design files and include the main project as a dependent.

However, when I want to branch off some factory files it's a bit trickier. I haven't found a good solution yet. I've tried branching off the factory files I want to work with and their adopt files and creating a new project, but this hasn't been very successful.

Has anyone else tried anything like this?

Thanks,
D. Johnson
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
glibardi
in reply to: djohnsonD3

You can change the location that an Intent design uses to locate its factory files by passing into your child a value for the following parameter, or by redefining (overriding) the rule itself (this rule is defined in the " %%IvAdoptedPart" design):

' directory location where factory file resides -- defaults to location of library for the part's design '
< %%category("Inventor") > _
Parameter Rule factoryFileDirectory As String = LibraryLocation(designLibrary(designName))

Or you can redefine the following rule instead (in the same design):

Rule %%factoryFilePath As String

Hope this helps.

-gene

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report