Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IvLinearDimension using work points - No Drawing Curves Found For Entity

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
FarrenYoung
555 Views, 1 Reply

IvLinearDimension using work points - No Drawing Curves Found For Entity

Is there a known limitation to using workpoints with ivlineardimension that requires the workpoints to be placed on the root assembly?  I am able to get it to work only if I place the workpoints at the root assembly, if they are at any level lower than that I get the error "No Drawing Curves Found For Entity: 'xxx'"
I have tried placing the work points on the same assembly that is the viewmodel for the view the dimensions are placed on, but that doesn't help.

I have verified the workpoints exist on the ivlineardimension via the following:
Intent >ivexthasworkpoint(part1, entity1)
--> True
Intent >ivexthasworkpoint(part2, entity2)
--> True

Thanks,

--Farren

************************************************************************************
If this post helps, please click the "thumbs up" to give kudos
If this post answers your question, please click "Accept as Solution"
************************************************************************************
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
FarrenYoung
in reply to: FarrenYoung

I was inheriting ivsectionview and using my own design which some additional functionality (setting some properties via .net code).  I replaced my design the child was using with the original ivsectionview design and it's working.  Not sure what the issue is, but that fixes it until I can take time to see which part could be messing things up.

--Farren

If this post helps, please click the "thumbs up" to give kudos
If this post answers your question, please click "Accept as Solution"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report