Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IvAssemblyExtrudeFeature!!!

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Lesoux
401 Views, 10 Replies

IvAssemblyExtrudeFeature!!!

After installing ETO version 5.1 IvAssemblyExtrudeFeature doesn't work again. This feature didn't work with SP1 too.

Is it normal? How long we need to wait that Autodesk will fix their bugs?

Who have the same problem?

Design Test_1 : Assembly IvAssemblyDocument

Child deBlock As :deBlock, Quantity = 2
grounded? = (If Child.index = 1 Then True Else False)
End Child

Child deBlockSketch As :deBlockSketch
grounded? = True
End Child

Child IvAssemblyExtrudeFeature_1 As :IvAssemblyExtrudeFeature
sketchPart = deBlockSketch
sketchName = "Sketch1"
extentDirection = :Symmetric
throughAllType = :ThroughAll
End Child

Win10 x64
Xeon E5-1630
32 Gb RAM
Quadro K5200

Inventor 2020.3.4, Build 373
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
tmckeand
in reply to: Lesoux

I had this problem after upgrading to 5.1, but sp1 fixed it for me. I would make sure your system patched ok.

Message 3 of 11
tmckeand
in reply to: tmckeand

FYI I'm running build 322

Message 4 of 11
Lesoux

Do you mean that after installing v5.1 I need to update ETO to SP1? Is it possible? I'm not sure that I can install SP1 for v5.0 build 92 atop v5.1 build 322.

Win10 x64
Xeon E5-1630
32 Gb RAM
Quadro K5200

Message 5 of 11
Lesoux

I'm running build 322 too.

Win10 x64
Xeon E5-1630
32 Gb RAM
Quadro K5200

Message 6 of 11
JackGregory

5.1 does not have an SP1, and it is b322, which is the latest available release.

Regarding the question as to how long you have to "wait" before we fix things, well...

Sometimes things are fixed right away, but a release doesn't come out that contains them.  I am going to assume you want to know how long before you can obtain the fix.  The answer is usually until the next release; patches and service packs are releases themselves, and cannot be instant.  What we can do, usually, is to verify that you have found a defect or not, in which case you can try to work around it in the meantime.

In this particular case, unless you have submitted a report to ADN, and obtained some kind of case number, then it is probably a good idea to do so.  If not everyone is experiencing the problem, it is very possible that we don't know about it, and there is something a little more complicated than "IvAssemblyExtrudeFeature does not work" going on.

Finally, and I am sure you know this, we are all pressed for time, and priorities come into play.  We have to sometimes decide on some fixes over other in a particular time frame.  So the best thing to do is make sure that the importance of it is communicated to Autodesk.

Message 7 of 11
Lesoux
in reply to: JackGregory

I don't understand, this issue wasn't out before installing ETO v5.0 SP1. Why we have this issue now?

Win10 x64
Xeon E5-1630
32 Gb RAM
Quadro K5200

Message 8 of 11
tmckeand

I had a problem with IvAssemblyExtrudeFeature after upading to 5.0 SP1, and I got a hotfix from ADN. I went back to my ADN CASE 1272194 and it was a new inventor.dll that fixed it. I resently had to reinstall Inventor and I used 5.1. Since installing 5.1, I have not had a problem.

Have you tried uninstalling and do a clean install of 5.1? Some times old old libraries can stick around.

Message 9 of 11
Lesoux

No, I didn't. But I'll try.

Win10 x64
Xeon E5-1630
32 Gb RAM
Quadro K5200

Message 10 of 11
JackGregory

@Lesoux wrote:

I don't understand, this issue wasn't out before installing ETO v5.0 SP1. Why we have this issue now?

It may well be that you are experiencing a new issue that is not shared by others.  We can't know unless we get a case we can replicate.  Can you submit the issue to ADN?  It may be in the next release as well if we haven't seen it.

Message 11 of 11
Lesoux
in reply to: JackGregory

Of course, I'll do this. But I don't know how? I didn't do this before. Could you help me please.

Win10 x64
Xeon E5-1630
32 Gb RAM
Quadro K5200

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report