Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IvAssemblyExtrudeFeature not working in 2012 build 322, but works in 2013. help?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
FarrenYoung
510 Views, 1 Reply

IvAssemblyExtrudeFeature not working in 2012 build 322, but works in 2013. help?

I read several posts here regarding this design not working in various builds, but from what I gathered it may or may not have been fixed in 2012 build 322.  I tested it in 2013 and can confirm the exact same project/code/assembly will work just fine.  I believe Tom mentioned getting a fixed inventor.dll from ADN to fix this problem, is it possible I could get the same?  I'm at the end of a project and switching to 2013 is not an option.

My Inventor.dll version is 5.1.0.322

Design CylindersAssembly : AssemblyExtrudeTestRoot IvAssemblyDocument

Child VerticalCylinder_1 As :VerticalCylinder
        ignorePosition? = False
        grounded? = False
        origin = Point(0.0, 0.0, 0.0)
    End Child

Child CircleSketch As :CircleSketch

End Child

Child CircleExtrude As :IvAssemblyExtrudeFeature
        sketchPart = CircleSketch
        sketchName = "Sketch1"
        extentDirection = :Positive
        distance = 400
    End Child

End Design

Thanks,

--Farren

************************************************************************************
If this post helps, please click the "thumbs up" to give kudos
If this post answers your question, please click "Accept as Solution"
************************************************************************************
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Farren,

Unfortunately, we do not have a fix for this issue for the 2012 version. We are not aware of the dll fix that you are talking about, but it is unrelated to this.

If this issue is critical, please communicate this thru the ADN support channel and provide a business justification.

thanks,

Sanjay-

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report