Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor ETO 2014 and Windows 8.1

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
mallorn
762 Views, 7 Replies

Inventor ETO 2014 and Windows 8.1

Hello,

I could find the SP1 for standard Inventor 2014, to fix Windows 8.1 issue that lets using the Inventor under that OS.

Is there a Service Pack for Inventor 2014 ETO/OEM, which let it run under Windows 8.1?

I installed this Inventor Engineer-to-Order 2014 Service Pack 1 but it does not help.

Tomas

-------------------------
Tomasz Malinowski
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
stevetrudeau
in reply to: mallorn

Did you install Inventor 2014 SP1? The ETO 2014 SP1 only contains changes for ETO Components. It does not update Inventor or Inventor OEM.

Message 3 of 8
mallorn
in reply to: stevetrudeau

No, I could not install Inventor 2014 SP1 on the system with Inventor 2014 OEM only.

I was trying ETO 2014 SP1, but, as you said, it is only for ETO components, but I had to give it a try.

So I installed ETO components together with OEM, no luck.

Anyway I still need a SP to run OEM on Windows 8.1 ...badly...

Tomasz Malinowski
Message 4 of 8
sanjay.ramaswamy

If you downloaded Inventor ETO Series 2014 from the subscription center, there's a new version now available for download that contains the SP1 version of ETO, Inventor and Inventor OEM. You'll need to uninstall your current version and install the latest.

Sanjay-

Message 5 of 8
mallorn
in reply to: sanjay.ramaswamy

Thank you,

I just downloaded and installed it from subscription center but it still says that my Inventor ETO Series 2014 version is Build: 105 Date: 2013-05-31

And OEM build is 172, Release: 2014 RTM - Date: Thu 03/14/2013.

So I'm not sure that my download is up to date.

Tomasz Malinowski
Message 6 of 8
mallorn
in reply to: sanjay.ramaswamy

Unfortunately SP1 for ETO Series 2014 does NOT support Windows 8.1
Tomasz Malinowski
Message 7 of 8
sanjay.ramaswamy

Tomasz,

SP1 for ETO 2014 does in fact support Windows 8.1. We're trying to ascertain why the build you downloaded from subscription center did not contain the SP1 bits. We'll report back soon.

Sanjay-

Message 8 of 8

Tomasz,

It looks like there was a problem with the installer on the subscription center. That problem has been corrected and the subscription center now has the latest version of ETO 2014 that includes SP1. Please try downloading and installing again.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for reporting this.

Sanjay-

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report