Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interference analyse and mark as an another color through Intent 2010

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jennypet
766 Views, 4 Replies

interference analyse and mark as an another color through Intent 2010

Hallo everyone,

I'd like to detect the interference under several subassemblies, and I'm using Intent 2010 right now.

Does somebody know how to achieve this and mark the interference volume as red or whatever a color?

I only found the function "checkInterference", but it only returns as a boolean. That seems not enough for me.

Can somebody help me out of here?

Thanks so much!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
AlexKorzun
in reply to: jennypet

Hello,

You may want to look into "Interference Analysis Example" in the Inventor API help, it is a nice starting point.

Thank you,
--Alex Korzun
Thank you,

Alex Korzun
Inventor-Revit Interop / Inventor-Fusion Interop / Inventor ETO
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
jennypet

Hallo,

thank you for you reply!
I've tried to achieve my goal though Inventor API with the method analyzeinterference. And it returns a InterferenceResult. I feel really confused, cause there is interference volume (returned as double )as a returned property, but I can not highlight the Interference part.
It seems really near the function analyze interference of Inventor self, but missed the most important use-----mark the interference as red.

thank you so much!
Lin
Message 4 of 5
Ojdamann

Interseting..I have the same question...I just recently converted to 2011 Pro, and it appears that the interfernce sections are now a faint clear red...I also need this changed, because you can barely make out the interferences..

Did any of you ever find a solution for this???

This would be extremely helpful, because identifying those interferences are key to my job.

Thanks,

OJ

HII-NNS

Message 5 of 5

Hi,

Ths how I solved this problem :

ObjectCollection oSelectedOccs;
oSelectedOccs = _Inventorapplication.TransientObjects.CreateObjectCollection();

//Perform some operation of
//adding objects to the collection oSelectedOccs.add(componentoccurence)

InterferenceResults oResults = ((AssemblyDocument)_Inventorapplication.ActiveDocument).ComponentDefinition.AnalyzeInterference(oSelectedOccs); if (Highlightset_Collisions == null) { Highlightset_Collisions = _Inventorapplication.ActiveDocument.CreateHighlightSet(); Highlightset_Collisions.Color = _Inventorapplication.TransientObjects.CreateColor(255, 0, 0, 1); //color red } Highlightset_Collisions.Clear(); if (oResults.Count > 0) { string output = "There are interferences between "; for (int i = 1; i <= oResults.Count; i++) { output += oResults[i].OccurrenceOne.Name + " and " + oResults[i].OccurrenceTwo.Name + " + "; Highlightset_Collisions.AddItem(oResults[i].OccurrenceOne); Highlightset_Collisions.AddItem(oResults[i].OccurrenceTwo); } //MessageBox.Show(output); }

The variable oSelectedOccs is an objectcollection of inventorparts that you want to check if they are interfering.

Hopes this helps somewhat.

Cheers,

Mark

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report