Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intent api bug? (UserInterfaceManager width property)

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
bsee1
522 Views, 1 Reply

Intent api bug? (UserInterfaceManager width property)

I'm building a user interface which will have multiple panels.  As I change panels, I'd like the new panel to be the same size as the panel it replaces.  I retrieve and store the width of the old panel, run the HideDockableWindows() function, then insert the new panel and set its width to the saved width from the old panel.  However, it isn't the same size.

It seems the intent api is measuring the width of a panel by measuring it's distance from the edge of the screen.  This only works if that panel is docked directly to the edge of the screen.  In my case, there is a panel between the one I'm inserting and the edge of the screen.

To test, insert a docked panel. Retrieve its width when it is docked to the very edge of the screen, and when it is docked to another window.  You'll notice its width is much larger when docked to another window.

Win7 x64 - 16gb ram
i7 3610qm
FirePro M4000

Inventor 2013
ETO 6.1
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
bsee1
in reply to: bsee1

Anyone building a gui may run into this issue.  I determined this is an Inventor bug, not ETO.  An Autodesk employee has confirmed it.  Follow any updates here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor-Customization/Panel-width-bug/m-p/3607214#M40033

Win7 x64 - 16gb ram
i7 3610qm
FirePro M4000

Inventor 2013
ETO 6.1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report