cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improve hole command for multiple holes using one hole feature

Improve hole command for multiple holes using one hole feature

Multiple hole operations on one center is very common. As on right now the way to take care of this is to create an I-Feature. This way the drawing can still be correctly driven from the model using the hole annotation feature.

The problem I run into is we have too many similar-nested holes but most are not standard. This makes using I-Features very ineffiecient.

Second problem I run into is inexperienced users just using leader-text in place of the hole annotation feature to call out mutliple holes with one leader.... Currently I have to use multiple hole notes to correctly have it driven from the model.

Not only shoud the hole command be able to create multiple holes on the same center, the hole annotation for the drawings should manage these holes with one leader, and in the correct order. To keep things consistent all of the dimensions should be taken from the surface/face that the hole starts.

Additionally we have designs that call for deep c'bores with an NPT cross drill to intersect other holes. The current problem is only being able to use NPT for SpotFace hole function. The S'face function measures from the bottom of the s'face unlike the c'bore. This creates inconsistencies and manufacturing either drills too deep or not deep enough because of this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report