Inventor Engineer-to-Order

Reif_Igusta
Message 1 of 4 (115 Views)

How can I drive the order of my parameter rules in the Edit Parameters Window

115 Views, 3 Replies
05-07-2012 12:10 AM

Since Inventor ETO 2012 I'm not able to affect the order of my parameter rules in my Edit Parameter Window.

Before it was sorted alphanumerical by the DisplayName.

Who knows how to handle that?

--Stefan

Active Contributor
tmckeand
Message 2 of 4 (108 Views)

Re: How can I drive the order of my parameter rules in the Edit Parameters Windo

05-07-2012 07:08 AM in reply to: Reif_Igusta
Employee
Chris.Palmatier
Message 3 of 4 (107 Views)

Re: How can I drive the order of my parameter rules in the Edit Parameters Windo

05-07-2012 07:24 AM in reply to: Reif_Igusta

There are several ways to affect the order of parameters in the part editor. There is the sorting buttons on the part editor dialog (category view vs alpha-numeric sort). The alpha-numberic sort overrides any annotations that may applied for sorting. When in category sort order, you can use the rule annotation %%Category to set the categories of rules. Rules are sorted alpha-numerically within categories.

You have greater control with the Design Annotations %%CategoryOrder, %%OpenCategories, %%PartEditorRules, and %%PartEditorCategories.

Hope this helps.

Chris Palmatier
Customer Success Engineer

Active Contributor
tmckeand
Message 4 of 4 (97 Views)

05-07-2012 09:23 AM in reply to: Chris.Palmatier

Chris is right. I was looking the wrong section.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.