Inventor Engineer-To-Order (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor ETO Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor ETO topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

function of iv_occurrenceEnsureExists

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
MarkBrouwersIntent
434 Views, 1 Reply

function of iv_occurrenceEnsureExists

Hi,

I was doing some investigation of my intentmodel using intent tracer. When I looked at the timeconsumption of certain rules, I keep stumbling across the iv_occurrenceEnsureExists function (for parts). It seems that this call takes the most of the time in comparison with the rest of the modelrules. It looks like there is a simular function for assemblies : iv_ensureSubAssemblyExists

What does this function do ? And how can I speed it up

Cheers,

Mark

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi Mark --

That function is where all the "real work" happens.  Intent does "whatever it takes" to make the occurrence.  That will sometimes mean it needs to create a new member file, which does all the part-modeling operations for the new parameters, and of course hits the disk to create and save the new member file.

There is no direct way for you to speed this up.

Indirectly, you can:

* Ensure that the member files are pre-created

* Ensure that different sets of parameter values really should be different.  I.e., if you have a steel bar member file that is 1.0m long, and then you request another steel bar member that is 1.0000001m long, do you really need two different member files?  Rounding the parameter values can sometimes make a big difference.

* Use patterns (if that makes sense)

* Use IvCustomAssemblyDocument as the parent (maybe?  I'm not sure)

Hope this is helpful.

Jon Balgley

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report